- George Springer, like the Astros, stayed hot during Houston’s 7-2 win over the Rangers. Springer was 3 for 5 with 2 homers and 3 RBI. He now has 16 HR for the season. Brad Peacock held the Rangers to 2 runs on 4 hits over 6 innings. Peacock had 9 Ks in the start. For Texas, Rougned Odor had his 8th HR of the year and Elvis Andrus stole his 14th bag.
- The Nationals/Athletics game was 1-0 through 5 innings, the teams combined to score 20 runs, including 11 total in the 9th inning, over the final 4 innings as Washington won 11-10. Ryan Zimmerman was 3 for 5 with a 3-run HR. He now has 16 HR and 48 RBI this year. Koda Glover would come on to record the last out of the 8th but then surrender 5 runs on 4 hits in the 9th before being pulled for Shawn Kelley. Kelley would close out the game for the save. This is bound to open up more conversation about the Nationals closer role. Glover owners be aware in the coming days.
- Miguel Sano was 2 for 4 with a 2-run HR in a Twins 3-2 win against the Angels. Sano has 14 HR 43 RBI and a .303 average so far this season. He’s a rare hitter who strikes out a lot yet maintains a high average. This normally would lead to a drop in average as the season goes on but Sano has such a high hard contact rate that he may be able to avoid this.
- Eric Thames and Domingo Santana both had solo home runs in a Brewers 3-0 win over the Dodgers. Zach Davies held Los Angeles to just 3 hits in 6 innings. He had 6 strikeouts. Corey Knebel struck out 3 in route to his 5th save of the year. Knebel has been one of the best strike out reliever in baseball, closer or not.
- Andrew Benintendi did it all in a Red Sox 7-3 win over the Orioles. He was 3 for 4 with 2 home runs and 3 RBI. He also scored 3 runs and stole a base. Benintendi is batting .269 with 7 HR 30 RBI 30 R and 8 SB. Quite a balanced stat line for him.
George Springer, Koda Glover, Andrew Benintendi, more!
A look at the fantasy performances from June 4, 2017