- Chris Iannetta tried his best Scooter Gennett impression of providing a huge game that almost no fantasy owners benefit from. He was 3 for 5 with 2 doubles, a home run, and 7 RBI. The big performance accounts for over 1⁄3 of his RBI production for the season. Hunter Renfroe was 2 for 4 with an RBI double. Renfroe is 6 for 16 with 3 HR and 4 RBI over his last 4 games.
- Joey Votto went 4 for 4 with a 2-run HR in 5-2 Reds win over the Cardinals. Votto is now hitting an even .300 with 16 HR and 48 RBI on the year. Scott Feldman pitched 7 scoreless innings with 4 Ks. Feldman has sprinkled in great starts this year but often follows them up with several bad outings.
- Lance McCullers Jr. held the Royals offense in check on Thursday. He went 7 innings allowing just 2 hits and 1 run. The Astros starter struck out 8 in the no decision. He now has a 6-1 record with a 2.58 ERA and 1.06 WHIP on the season.
- David Price was looking good but hit a bit of a road bump known as the New York Yankees. Price allowed 8 hits and 6 runs in just 5 innings of work. He struck out 4 but also issued 4 walks. Gary Sanchez hit 2 HR off of Price and drove in 5 total runs with the 2 bombs. Michael Pineda held the Red Sox to just 1 run (unearned) over 7 strong innings. Pineda struck out 8 in the win.
- Edison Volquez followed up hit no-hitter by going 7 scoreless innings against the Pirates. Volquez did allow 3 hits but this was still a strong outing for him. He had 8 Ks in the win. Volquez has allowed just 1 run over his past 22 innings. Gerrit Cole did not pitch well. Cole struggled through 4.2 innings allowing 7 runs on 11 hits. This is his 2nd straight start giving up 7 runs. He has also not made it more than 5 innings pitched since May 17.
A look at the fantasy performances from June 8, 2017