- The closer situation in Milwaukee is a mind numbing affair. Jim Henderson, not the guy who played with puppets, but the career minor leaguer has supplanted almost 400 career saves in the back end of the pen. Long term I can't see them ticking with Hendu for next year. Just think that Axford is struggling with confidence.
- Huston Street was cruising along, signed a new deal then proceeded to get hurt. He is currently rehabbing, but not throwing. An early September return is possible. Dale Thayer gets his second stint as interim closer.
- The Giants pen has been up and down most year Santiago Casilla looked fantastic, then crumbled withe the work load. Jeremy Affeldt is getting his chance in the closer role now in the Bochy Fun house.
- The revival of crocodile save'd in Oakland is pretty much complete. Grant Balfour has pretty much returned to the role that he had for the beginning of the year, usurping young upstart Ryan Cook. Blafour has saved 4 consecutive games for the A's in 10 days.
- Since the trade of Jonathan Broxton, Greg Holland has done the job that we all knew he was destined for. He is a a perfect 5 for 5 in save chances and averaging 12 K/9 since the All Star break. Long term he looks like the answer, but who really knows the royals could throw Francouer there and hope to retain some value.
Stay here for updated closer ranks and some helpful Holds tiers.
2. Craig Kimbrel