Conference finals, Preakness, first time winner in the PGA, NASCAR All-Star are just a handful of the events that occurred this past weekend.
What were you watching this weekend?
This poll is closed
Conference Finals (NBA or NHL)
The Royal Wedding
NHL – Conference Finals
- Most wins by an expansion team (with 32 games still remaining in the season) their 51 wins is WAY past 33 which both the 1993 Florida Panthers and Anaheim Mighty Ducks set.
- Most road wins by an expansion team
- First expansion team to sweep a playoff series
- First expansion team to clinch a playoff series since the Edmonton Oilers and Hartford Whalers (1979-1980)
They are NOT the first to make the Stanley Cup finals as the expansion teams in 1967-68 were all put in the same division guaranteeing one would make the finals (The St. Louis Blues would get swept by the Montreal Canadiens in the finals).
Haters will say it’s photoshop pic.twitter.com/IfiJzUKlSp— Vegas Golden Knights (@GoldenKnights) May 20, 2018
- The Tampa Bay Lightning have the Washington Capitals on the brink of elimination with a 3-2 win on Saturday. The series, currently at 3 games to 2 in Tampa’s favor goes to Capital One Arena in Washington.
Horse Racing - Preakness Stakes
- Justify beat out Bravazo by a half-length to take the second leg in the bid to become a Triple Crown winner. Yours truly picked Quip to win who finished in dead last.
MLB – around 27% into the regular season
- Mookie Betts continues his reign atop the fantasy standings
- JD Davis, Juan Soto and Austin Meadows are the most recent players to be called up
- Jenny Cavnar is the first female professional MLB broadcaster
- Check out our forecaster here:
- It’s not too late to join the Ding Dong Challenge
NBA – Conference Finals
- Al Horford and Jaylen Brown combined for 43 points as the Celtics held LeBron to just 15 and the Cavaliers to just 83 points in a 108-83 win to take Game 1.
- LeBron James scored 27 as the Cavaliers avoided going down 3 games to 0 with a 116 – 86 win on Saturday.
- The season is underway and Phoenix Mercury and Chicago Sky are not messing around with 2-0 starts.
- Las Vegas Aces Tamera Young leads the league with 23 points per game.
PGA – AT&T Byron Nelson
- Aaron Wise not only won his first ever PGA event but set a new course record with -23.
- Softball is down to it’s final 16.
- Lacrosse is in the Semi-Finals (Mens: Maryland vs. Duke and Yale vs. Albany) (Womens: Maryland vs. Boston College and James Madison vs. North Carolina)
- Kevin Harvick won the All-Star race in Charlotte.
AVIVA Premiership Rugby
- This Saturday shows off the Semi-Final matchup of the Saracens vs. Wasps & the Exeter Chiefs vs. the Newcastle Falcons
- The Saracens beat the Wasps 57-33 and the Chiefs eliminated the Falcons 36-5 and it should come as no surprise that the final will be the Saracens vs. the Chiefs.
- This upcoming Saturday will showcase the 16thPremiership Rugby final. In every one of those finals either the Saracens, Tigers or Wasps have been present.
After an incredible day of semi-final action... We now have our Aviva Premiership final to look forward to— Rugby on BT Sport (@btsportrugby) May 19, 2018
• 1️⃣st vs 2️⃣nd
• '17 vs '15 & '16
They don't come much bigger than this...
Bring. It. On. pic.twitter.com/kyuGnfO29J
- New York Red Bulls beat the Atlanta United FC, Sporting Kansas City tied Minnesota.
- New York Red Bulls Bradley Wright Phillips now stands atop the league with 8 goals.
- Hekkie Budler took two flyweight titles this weekend beating Ryoichi Taguchi.