Full docket of games today (15) scattered from 3:10pm -10:10pm. The highest of the pitchers is Clayton Kershaw ($12,300) who will face the Washington Nationals, it has piqued my curiosity. From views, it looks like there is no whole day option so below is an early only group, the beauty of this, with just 3 games, you are doubling down on the matchup being a hitting or pitching matchup. Most of the Washington Nationals are dirt cheap because they are facing Kershaw. I am picking only Daniel Murphy because he is one of the few players with a solid track record against Kershaw.
Weather (as of now):
Target: Clayton Kershaw ($12,300) Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Washington Nationals
I don't normally go for the most expensive option (especially when they face Stephen Strasburg) but today seems like a good combination to me. I am anticipating a 7 inning, 2 ER, 7 SO, W outing. (around 50 points)
1. The Nationals have the 5th most strikeouts on the road
2. While they also have the 6th most scored runs, this is a cross country haul which is never easy.
3. Clayton has given up 2 runs or less in 5 of his 6 home starts.
4. Clayton has at least 6 strikeouts in 9 of his 12 starts
Two Hitters I like:
- Trevor Plouffe ($2,200). He is currently on a 0 for 18 streak, today that snaps. He has a .571 batting average with 3 Home Runs and 6 RBI's against Francisco Liriano, at $2,200 you aren't risking much for that kind of upside.
- Russell Martin ($2,500) when he starts, he's been excellent
Two Hitters I'd avoid:
- Bryce Harper ($2,900) he bats sub .100 against Kershaw.
- Jason Kipnis ($4,100) it's not the matchup or Coors Field isn't tantalizing but that is very pricey for someone batting .211 over the last 7 days.
Russell Martin (C )
Ryon Healy (1B )
Daniel Murphy (2B)
Corey Seager (SS)
Trevor Plouffe (3B)
Bradley Zimmer (OF)
Yasiel Puig (OF)
Chris Taylor (OF)
Note: I will edit up to 3:30pm as players starting lineups are announced.