- Justin Bour finished off his great month of May with a 2 homer effort in a 10-2 Marlins win over the Philles. Bour was 2 for 5 with 3 RBI in the game. Bour now has 15 HR and 36 RBI this season. He capped off a stellar May. Bour hit .344 with 11 bombs this month. Marcell Ozuna was 3 for 5 with a home run and 3 RBI. Ozuna now has 14 HR and 39 RBI on the year. Dan Straily went 6.2 innings with 10 strikeouts in the win. He allowed 9 hits but just 1 earned run. Dee Gordon was 2 for 3 with a steal. Gordon now has 16 SB for the season.
- The Astros won a home run derby against the Twins in a 17-6 ballgame. Brain Dozier was among 3 Twins to go yard. He now has 8 homers on the season. George Springer went deep twice in a 4 for 4 effort. He also walked 2 times making him a perfect 6 for 6 at reaching base. Springer now has 13 HR 31 RBI and 39 runs scored for the year. A total of 6 homers were hit in this one for Houston. Carlos Correa was 3 for 6 with a HR and 3 RBI. Evan Gattis was 4 for 6 with a HR and 3 RBI as well.
- Sean Manaea went 7 innings allowing just 3 hits and 1 run against the Indians. The Athletics starter had 9 strikeouts in the win. This start follows a 7 inning 8 K 0 runs allowed start. Those opponents were the Yankees and now Indians. Francisco Lindor was the lone bright spot for Cleveland. He hit a solo HR which is his 12th homer of the year.
- Adam Jones had a 3-run HR and finished 3 for 5 with 5 RBI. Jones has 9 HR and 26 RBI on the year. Chris Davis also homered. He was 2 for 4 with 3 RBI. The Orioles beat up on Masahiro Tanaka. Tanaka allowed 7 runs on 9 hits over 5.2 innings. This outing raised his season ERA to 6.34.
- Eric Thames was 2 for 3 with a 2-run HR in a 7-1 Brewers win over the Mets. Thames has cooled quite a bit since his incredible April. He now sits at 14 HR 42 R and a .286 average for the year. All 7 Brewers runs were allowed by Jacob deGrom. deGrom went just 4 innings and issued 5 walks in a poor outing.
Justin Bour, George Springer, Sean Manaea, more!
A look at the fantasy performances from May 31, 2017