Just a refresher: I will provide 5 bold predictions each week. I will grade those 5 bold picks on the old elementary scale of grades A-D.
1. Preston Williams is currently slotted as WR42, he will finish inside the top 20
Justification: Williams faces a very porous Seattle defense who has allowed six different WR to have 100 receiving yards through two weeks (three Falcons receivers, one Patriots receiver and two Cowboys receivers). While Preston currently has the fifth most receiving yards on the Dolphins, he appears to be emerging as their No. 2 option. Look for him to potentially cash in on a 100 yard receiving game.
2. Patrick Mahomes is slotted as the QB2, he will not fall within the top 10 vs. New England
Justification: Mahomes faced New England last year and finished with 283 yards and a touchdown and interception. It was (arguably) one of the three worst games he had when healthy last year (removing the Broncos game where he was injured). The Chargers were the other two games as their defensive line got to him. I think even in spite of the Patriots players who opted out this season they limit Patrick to a similar line of just one touchdown and just shy of 300 yards putting him just outside the top 10.
Justification: Doug Pederson is going to simplify the offense and I refuse to accept what we are seeing is the real Carson Wentz. I won’t say he’s elite but he’s not this bad and we will see him regain some form this week against an injured 49ers defense who is likely without: rookie DOY Nick Bosa, Solomon Thomas, Emmanuel Moseley, Dee Ford but also Jimmy Garoppolo, Raheem Mostert and Jordan Reed on offense.
4. Devin Singletary not only has his first 100 yard rushing game of the season, but he cashes in on his first rushing TD as well
Justification: Currently slotted as the 18th best running back, Devin finds himself in a VERY favorable matchup against the Raiders who are allowing a TON of rushing touchdowns. Christian McCaffrey, Alvin Kamara, Rex Burkhead and Sony Michel all had either multiple touchdowns or 100 rushing yards against this team. Look for Buffalo to lean heavily on Devin this week in their matchup.
5. Logan Thomas is slotted as the TE18, he will be a top 7 TE
Justification: It usually doesn’t take a whole lot to be among the top TEs on a given week, 60 receiving yards or a TD is usually enough to get you there. Logan has been targeted 7+ times in each of the first three games, clearly Dwayne Haskins feels comfortable with him as an option. He faces Baltimore who seemingly has one hole and that’s to opposing TEs. Last week vs. KC was the first game that an opposing TE did NOT score a TD against them. Logan had a TD in week 1 vs. Philadelphia and I think we see around 30-40 yards and 1 TD as Washington goes down and starts slinging the ball around.
Which Prediction is Most Likely to Occur This Week?
This poll is closed
Preston Williams top 20 WR
Patrick Mahomes NOT a top 10 QB
Eagles beat the 49ers
Devin Singletary 100yds, + TD
Logan Thomas top 7 TE
Week 3 Outcome nice recovery from a disastrous week 2.
2.) Will Fuller V is currently slotted as the 38th best WR this week, he will be in the top 15. Outcome: He finished as the 29th best WR. He had 50 yards in a touchdown which fell in line with my expectations but it was a big week for WR, 27 other WR had a TD or 100 yards. He did finish above the 38th so Grade C.
3. Alvin Kamara is slotted as the #1 RB, he will fall outside the top 10. Outcome: This was my big miss of the week and I apologize to anyone who opted to sit him out due to this. He had a big day and ended up as the top RB. I thought Michael Thomas would be playing and he did not. Grade D.
4. Joe Burrow is currently slotted as the 20th best QB. He will be a top ten QB. Outcome: Joe finished as the 12th best QB with 312 yards and two touchdowns. Grade B.
5. Jimmy Graham is slotted as the 25th TE, he will be a top 12 TE. Outcome: With two touchdowns this might have been the best prediction of the week. Grade A.
Grade A: 4 times
Grade B: 3 times
Grade C: 3 times
Grade D: 5 times