Indianapolis 500 – Will Power wins
- Will Power wins on his 11th try at Indianpolis 500.
- Danica Patrick wrecked on her final running at Indianapolis
NBA – The Finals: Golden State vs. Cleveland part IV
- The Houston Rockets were up by 15 before going 0 for 27 on three pointers over the next half of the game (a 1:27,000 odds of doing so) and the Warriors made 13 over that time as Steph Curry went off to help the Warriors win game 7.
Players who have made 7 3-pointers in a Game 7 in NBA history:— Zachary Kram (@zachkram) May 29, 2018
Steph Curry, tonight
Steph Curry, Game 7 vs. OKC in 2016
- The Cavaliers had strong performance from LeBron James (35 points) and Jeff Green (19 points) as they surpassed Jayson Tatum’s 24 points and won in game 7
NHL – Stanley Cup Finals Vegas Golden Knights up 1-0
- The Capitals had the lead twice as we saw 4 lead changes and the Golden Knights took game 1 of the NHL finals 6-4.
MLB – around 30% into the regular season
- Ronald Acuna is on the 10 day DL with a mild ACL sprain
- Hanley Ramirez was released
- Jose Altuve has 9 runs, 12 RBIs, 4 Stolen Bases batting a .412 over the last two weeks. In his best rendition of anything you can do I can do better Andrew Benitendi has 8 runs, 16 RBIs an a .419 over that time. These two are heads and away the best two over the last 14 days.
- Daniel Mengden has pitched 22 innings with a .049 ERA and a K/BB of 10 over the last 2 weeks.
- Check out our forecaster here:
- It’s not too late to join the Ding Dong Challenge
- Diane Taurasi the first WNBA player to reach 1,000 career three pointers
- Seattle Storm is strong with Jewell Lloyd leading the league (22 PPG) and Breanna Stewart right behind her (20.5 PPG)
- Washington Mystics are undefeated at 4-0 with Elena Della Donne leading the way with 16.5 PPG.
Made me realize I could have written two tweets about this. Storm are fun with the best PG probably in WNBA history + Stewart and Jewell Lloyd. And of course, if you don't like Diane Taurisi, you don't like basketball.— Nicholas Mosvick (@nmosvick) May 28, 2018
PGA - Fort Worth Invitational
- Justin Rose won his first ever Fort Worth Invitational by three strokes.
- Softball is down to it’s final 16.
- Augusta’s Broc Everett took the Mens Golf Title. (a first ever for Augusta)
- Yale’s Ben Reeves had a goal and three assists as he helped lead Yale to it’s first ever Lacrosse Championship
- Sam Apuzzo and Tess Chandler combined for 7 goals as James Madison irked out a championship over Boston College 16-15 for Women’s Lacrosse.
- Southern Indiana won the DII Softball Championship
- Augustana wins the DII Baseball Championship
- Gettysburg wins the DIII Women’s Lacrosse Championship
- Merimack wins the DII Men’s Lacrosse Championship
- Wesleyan wins the DIII Men’s Lacrosse Championship
- Mens Baseball continues
NASCAR Coca-Cola 600
- Kyle Busch won the Coca-Cola 600 just ahead of Martin Truex Jr. Kevin Harvick wrecked and Ryan Blaney’s car caught fire. Kyle Busch has now won at all major tracks.
AVIVA Premiership Rugby
- The Saracens beat the Chiefs 27-10 to take the Premiership trophy for the fourth time.
- Sporting Kansas City tied Columbus Crew as both remain toward the top of the MLS standings tied with Atlanta United. Atlanta plays New England revolution tomorrow.
- Four way tie in goals (8) Bradley Wright-Philips (Red Bulls), David Villa (NYFC), Gyasi Zardes (Columbus) and Josef Martinez (Atlanta)
- Jerwin Ancajaz retained the junior batamweight in a unanimous decision over Jonas Sultan