Oh man oh man oh man. What a way to go out Game of Thrones. That being said, I can’t believe it’s going to be a whole 18 months before I get to watch another episode and play this fantastic fantasy game. But such is life.
Now I will say this for next season, I’m going to develop a more scientific method for pricing players. I think it’ll be some sort of average score scale that’ll move players up and down on the point value. I make a note of this at the top of the scorecard because I again horribly priced the Night King so need to just pull a Daenerys with him and keep him at five. Maybe even six. Especially for next season.
But, let’s get onto the final episode of season 7:
S7, E7 scorecard
|The Night King||0||0||100||0||100|
- So this episode especially I thought long and hard about what constituted “spitting SUPAHOTFIRE”. Naturally as this was the season finale, it’s not surprising that there could be the potential of plenty of SUPAHOTFIRE moments given that this needs to hold us all over until 2019. I also wanted to make sure what I considered SUPAHOTFIRE wasn’t really just a big reveal (+20). So here’s my ruling: moments in the show that made me say “OH SHIT!” I counted as SUPAHOTFIRE, any other reveal was just +20. Is this subjective? Of course, but so is this whole game so it is what it is.
- Here’s the SUPAHOTFIRE from this episode:
- Cersei revealing not that she won’t ride north—that actually makes more sense with her character (+20)—but that she had consipired with Euron for him to ride to Essos to get the Golden Company to win the war in Westeros (+75). She also has some extra points in there for snarky comebacks and remarks during the Dragon Pit. She’s the perfect evil queen.
- Sansa performs in the clutch and makes her first real game debut posting a big time score thanks to turning the tables on the dick known as Littlefinger and staging his trial instead of Arya’s (+75), ordering the execution of Littlefinger (+25) which I wasn’t going to give to her until Arya literally said at the end of the episode that she was just the executioner and Sansa gave the order. If Arya counts it as a kill for Sansa, then it’s a kill for Sansa. She then told Arya she’s still weird and annoying. PLUS 5 FOR SISTERLY LOVE!
- +75 to the Night King for literally spitting SUPAHOTFIRE and bringing down the wall. Also he rode his new dragon (+25).
- Bran revealed what most all fans already knew but still an OH SHIT moment: Jon is officially official a Targaryen (+75). WOOT WOOT! Also Sam doesn’t get any points because we already knew the factoid that Rhaegar and Lyanna were married making their son/Jon a legit Targaryen.
- Speaking of the Targaryens... IT FINALLY HAPPENED!!! SEX!!!! THE BEST KIND OF SEX!!!!!! THE LOVE BETWEEN JON AND DANY!!!!!! +50 for consummating the relationship you crazy kids! Additional +15 for sex with known characters. I did not give them “+30 for sex with a sibling” because we all knowing they’re related, they don’t know it. Not sure honorbound Jon Snow/Aegon Targaryen would screw his aunt. Maybe though. Also naked butts! (+10)
- Arya killed Littlefinger (+25) and Theon killed Harrag (+25). Those are your killings for the week.
- I love how since creating this game, Tyrion has been the only person to take advantage of the drinking category. You do you Tyrion.
- SayItLoud: 255 points (Jon Snow, Brandon Stark, Samwell, Night King, Petyr Baelish)
- Becca Giles: 220 points (Cersei, Sansa, Euron, Qyburn & Podrick)
- Pete Rogers: 200 points (Bronn, Bran, Euron, Podrick and Night King)
- Heath Capps: 185 points (Jon, Euron, Night King, Pod, Davos)
- Fantasy Consultant: 130 points (Jamie, Arya, Night King, Samwell, and Podrick)
- Mark Abell: 110 points (Jon, Arya, little finger, and Euron)
- Kyle Graveman: 5 points (Brienne, Samwell, Petyr, The Mountain, and Euron)
Thanks for playing this season and we’ll see you back next season!