- Clayton Kershaw vs Stephen Strasburg was the highlight of the day and it did not disappoint. Kershaw got the better of the 2 pitchers going 7 innings of 1 run ball with 9 strikeouts. He now owns an 8-2 record with a 2.20 ERA and 0.90 WHIP. Strasburg gave up 1 earned run with 8 Ks in 6 innings of work. Each pitcher allowed just 3 hits.
- Nolan Arenado was 3 for 5 with 3 RBI in a Rockies 8-1 win over the Indians. He was just a home run shy of the cycle. Arenado is batting .291 with 42 RBI and 14 HR this season. The bad version of Trevor Bauer showed up for Cleveland. Bauer went just 3.1 innings allowing 4 runs on 5 hits. He issued 5 walks while striking out 3. Despite his recent success before this start, Bauer now has a 6.10 ERA for the year.
- Justin Smoak continued his surprising season with a 2 HR effort in a 7-5 Blue Jays win over the Athletics. Smoak hit 2 solo shots and finished 3 for 5 on the day. Smoak now has 17 HR 42 RBI and a .291 average this year. Kevin Pillar and Josh Donaldson also went deep for Toronto in this one.
- CC Sabathia shut down the Red Sox in a 8-0 Yankees win. Sabathia went 8 innings allowing just 5 hits while getting 5 strikeouts. He has allowed just 4 runs over his past 5 starts combined. Didi Gregorious was 2 for 4 with a home run and 2 runs scored. He now has 5 HR 21 RBI and a .319 average in just 35 games this season.
- Scott Schebler was 3 for 3 with a home run in his return to the Reds lineup. He had missed the previous 3 games with a shoulder issue. He picked up right where he left off and now has 17 HR on the season. Tommy Pham was 2 for 3 with a steal in the loss for the Cardinals. Pham has 5 HR 5 SB 15 RBI 19 R and a .301 average in just 28 games. He is available in over 85% of ESPN leagues and over 90% of Yahoo! leagues.
A look at the fantasy performances from June 7, 2017