- In what had the makings of a pitchers duel turned into a slugfest as the Braves beat the Nationals 11-10. Matt Adams was 3 for 4 with 2 home runs and 4 RBI. Adams is hitting .270 with 8 HR and 19 RBI in 22 games since joining the Braves. Stephen Strasburg was roughed up for 6 runs over 5 innings of work. He managed 10 Ks in the start and will look to rebound at the Mets later this week.
- Yu Darvish pitched well in a win over the Astros. He went 7 innings allowing just 1 run on 1 hit with 3 BB and 4 Ks. His fantasy owners are probably wishing for more strikeouts but this is a solid effort against a offense juggernaut in the Astros.
- Jacob deGrom gave the Mets bullpen the day off as he went the distance in a 6-1 win over the Cubs. He pitched around 4 BB and 5 hits allowing just 1 run with 6 strikeouts. This start lowers his season ERA to 4.33. Jay Bruce was 3 for 3 with a 2-run HR. He now has 17 HR and 45 RBI on the year.
- Mitch Haniger is back! Haniger was 4 for 6 with a 2-run double and 4 runs scored. Haniger was one of the hottest hitters in baseball at the time of his injury, and now he’s picked up right where he left off. Nelson Cruz was 2 for 3 with 4 RBI in the 14-3 Mariners win over the Twins. Cruz is hitting .303 with 50 RBI on the season.
- In what has been one of the best sports stories in recent memory, Pirates starter Jameson Taillon made his return to the mound on Monday night and pitched great. Taillon landed on the DL a little over a month ago with testicular cancer. You read that right, Jameson Taillon returned to pitch for a MLB team just 1 month after battling cancer! Taillon went 5 scoreless innings with 5 Ks in the winning effort. The comeback story adds to the fact Taillon has pitched great this season. He lowers his season ERA to 2.90 with this start. He will face the Cubs on Sunday in his next outing. Welcome back, Jameson!
Jameson Taillon, Mitch Haniger, Matt Adams, more!
A look at the fantasy performances from June 12, 2017