- Corey Kluber didn’t miss a beat in his return from the DL. The Indians ace went 6 scoreless innings with 10 Ks. Welcome back! Danny Salazar made his 1st appearance since being moved to the bullpen. He pitched the 9th inning allowing 1 hit while getting 2 strikeouts. In total, the Indians pitching staff had 17 punch outs against the K happy Athletics.
- Adam Wainwright beat the Dodgers all by himself on Thursday. He pitched 6 scoreless innings with 6 strikeouts. He also hit a 2-run HR which proved to be the only runs of the game. Wainwright has put together a string of good starts. He’s allowed just 1 runs over his past 4 outings.
- Chase Anderson shut down the Mets with 7 scoreless innings. The Brewers starter had 7 Ks and allowed just 3 hits. He’s on a streak of 14 scoreless innings with 18 Ks over his past 2 starts. He gets the Giants at home in his next outing. Corey Knebel nailed down his 4th save of the year in the 2-1 Brewers win. He got 2 strikeouts in the save. He now has a 1.04 ERA on the year.
- Mark Trumbo had a nice game in an Orioles 7-5 win over the Red Sox. He went 3 for 4 with a 2-run HR. This gives him a .278 average with 8 HR and 28 RBI this season. Jackie Bradley Jr. was 2 for 4 with a 3-run HR for Boston. He now has 3 HR and 10 RBI over his past 6 games.
- Gary Sanchez lauched 2 homers, a solo shot & a 2-run HR, in a 12-2 Yankees win over the Blue Jays. The catcher finished 2 for 5 with 3 RBI. He now has 6 HR for the season. Aaron Hicks had a huge game going 4 for 5 with 3 doubles and 6 RBI. Hicks has made the most of limited playing time and now has 30 RBI 29 R and a .317 average. CC Sabathia pitched well in the win. He went 6.1 innings of 1 run ball with 7 Ks. He now has a 6-2 record with a 4.12 ERA for the year.
Corey Kluber, Adam Wainwright, Gary Sanchez, more!
A look at the fantasy performances from June 1, 2017