Welcome to the Roto Recap. For long-time readers, this is the new version of the Roto Report! I'm very excited to be doing this weekly now with a focus on the best-of-the-best and the worst-of-the-worst. I'll also throw in some advice on what to do with these breakouts and slumps. Let's take a look at the highlights from last week.
Adalberto Mondesi - .259, 4 HR, 8 RBI, 9 R, 6 SB
Mondesi had a roto week for the ages. Prior to this week, Mondesi had zero home runs. He had been red hot of late but remains one of the most frustrating players to roster in all of fantasy baseball.
Jeimer Candelario - .423, 3 HR, 9 RBI, 8 R
Candelario (63% rostered) has been a huge fantasy pickup this season. He was awesome in week 8 hitting three more home runs. He is now slashing .325/.385/.571 with seven home runs, 28 RBI, and 27 runs scored. He looks legit as well with an 80th percentile exit velocity and 82nd percentile hard hit percentage. His wOBA of .397 is 22nd in baseball.
- Dylan Moore (70% rostered) - .240, 2 HR, 5 RBI, 5 R, 3 SB
- Adam Duvall (66% rostered) - .269, 5 HR, 12 RBI, 8 R
- Alec Bohm (31% rostered) - .452, 1 HR, 9 RBI, 6 R
- Maikel Franco (20% rostered) - .433, 1 HR, 11 RBI, 3 R
- Jared Walsh (11% rostered) - .409, 4 HR, 9 RBI, 6 R
Alec Mills (2-0) - 15 IP, 0 ER, 4 H, 6 BB, 11 K
No-hitter alert! Alec Mills tossed a no-no on Sunday against the Brewers to cap off a great two-start week. The dominant outing was on the heels of a quality start against the Reds. Mills (24% rostered) now has back-to-back outings with no runs allowed.
Sixto Sanchez (2-0) - 13 IP, 1 ER, 6 H, 4 BB, 10 K
Sixto (70% rostered) is the real deal y'all! Sanchez was awesome again on Sunday throwing a complete game (via a 7-inning double header game) with four strikeouts against the Phillies. He now has 29 Ks over 32 IP with a 1.69 ERA. He'll be a hot topic for debate heading into 2021 having already drawn speculation as a top 40 SP.
Here's a few more names to add after impressive outings:
- Ian Anderson (1-0) (67% rostered) - 10 IP, 1 ER, 3 H, 7 BB, 13 K
- Chris Bassitt (2-0) (55% rostered) - 13 IP, 1 ER, 15 H, 2 BB, 12 K
- Deivi Garcia (38% rostered) - 7 IP, 2 ER, 5 H, 0 BB, 6 K, Win
- Brady Singer (17% rostered) - 8 IP, 0 ER, 1 H, 2 BB, 8 K, Win