Welcome back basketball and welcome back to my weekly Fantasy Basketball Forecaster! In here you’ll find:
- Top 3 waiver wire adds (among all players under 50% rostered ESPN)
- Leaders in each stat category over the last week (obviously this won’t start until next week but just so you know what to expect in the coming weeks)
- Each team’s schedule ranking, based on opponent’s DFS points allowed, where the #1 ranked team faces the easiest fantasy schedule this week (this week’s rankings based on 2019-20 stats)
Top 3 Waiver Targets
- Thomas Bryant (49% rostered) — Just sneaking in under the 50% limit, Bryant was dominate in the bubble, averaging 18.6 PPG/8.9 RPG/1.5 APG/3.4 StPG while scoring almost 2 3PG. Russell Westbrook and Bradley Beal will open more opportunities for Bryant to shine.
- DeAndre Jordan (34% rostered) — The name of the game is rebounds for Jordan. Last year he averaged 10 RPG while also adding 8.3 PPG/1.9 APG/1.2 StPG. Jordan is a double-double threat every game.
- Seth Curry (31.8% rostered) — Like his brother, Seth Curry is one of the best three point shooters in the NBA and now is playing for a Sixers team that desperately needs just that. Last year he averaged 5.0 3PA with the Mavericks—shooting 45% mind you—and that number will climb in Philly.
Strength of Schedule
Donovan Mitchell and his Jazz along with the Pistons start off with a great schedule, each playing the Timberwolves this week. Tough start for the Knicks (yikes) and Russell Westbrook and his Wizards facing the Sixers and Magic twice.