NBA – The Finals: Golden State vs. Cleveland part IV
- Golden State is up 2 games to 0. They won a nail biter in game 1 that went into overtime (and plenty if Ref, JR Smith,George Hill drama) before a more dominant game 2 win where they won by 19 behind strong performances from Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson and Kevin Durant who combined for 79 points.
The most EVER in a single NBA Finals game. pic.twitter.com/7SLA6ryc7k— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) June 4, 2018
NHL – Stanley Cup Finals Vegas Golden Knights up 1-0
- The Capitals are fighting for every inch of their first Stanley Cup in franchise history. They won game three to take a two games to one lead over Vegas and move within two games of the coveted cup. Evgeny Kuznetsov, the capitals top scorer in the playoffs is out with what appears to be a wrist injury.
MLB – around 33% into the regular season
- Trea Turner’s 13 game hit streak was snapped (and his batting average actually went DOWN over that time span from .263 to .260)
- Michael Wacha almost had a no hitter
- Eddie Rosario continued his great 2018 season with a walkoff in the bottom of the 9th as the Twins beat the Indians.
- The Yankees, Mariners ,Cubs and Giants are all on four game win streaks while the Orioles have lost seven straight and the Marlins have lost six straight.
- Check out our forecaster here:
- It’s not too late to join the Ding Dong Challenge
LPGA: US Open (Shoal Creek)
- Ariya Jutanugarn shot -11 under par and outlasted Kim Hyo-joo in a playoff to win the 2018 US Open. It was her 2nd major win (2016 Women’s British Open).
- Connecticut remain atop the standings as the only undefeated team at 5-0. They beat the Mystics 88-64 on Sunday to stand alone atop the standings.
- Tina Charles (NY) is now atop the points stats with 23.5 PPG. Breanna Stewart remains at#2 with her PPG going up from 20.5 to 22.3.
- Serena Williams resigned against Maria Sharapova due to a pectoral injury.
- Notable women still playing include Simona Halep, Maria Sharapova, Madison Keys, Sloan Stephens and Angelique Kerber. Carolina Wozniacki lost in the fourth round to Daria Kasatkina
Breaking: Serena Williams (arm) will not compete against Maria Sharapova in fourth round of the French Open pic.twitter.com/oz0Sj2sF5k— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) June 4, 2018
- Mens side – moving into the Quarter Finals – Rafael Nadal, Marin Cilic, John Isner and Novak Djokovic some of the notable names still active. Australian Open Champion Roger Federer is not participating in the French Open this year as he focused ahead to Wimbledon.
PGA – Memorial Tournament
- Bryson Dechambeau won his second PGA event beating Byun-Hun An and Kyle Stanley in two playoff holes at Muirfield.
To win on that golf course the way Bryson DeChambeau was spraying it was one of the best displays of scrambling I’ve seen in a long time. Amazing to watch. He earned that.#MemorialTournament— Mike Greenberg (@Espngreeny) June 3, 2018
- Softball finals between Washington and Florida State.
- Mens D1 baseball is in the Super Regionals (moving into the final 16 teams)
- Augustana wins the first ever mens DII baseball championship
- Oklahoma State swepts Alabama to win the mens golf title (their 11th title)
NASCAR Pocono 400
- Despite a few wrecks down the final 10 laps essentially taking out Denny Hamlin and Erik Jones, Martin Truex held his lead and outlasted Kyle Busch, Kyle Larson and Kevin Harvick to take his second win of the year (California).
- Atlanta united FC is atop the Standings at 9-2 with Sporting Kansas City (8-4) and New York FC (8-3).
- Josef Martinez with 3 goals to stand atop the Goal leaders once again. Alejandro Romero (NY Red Bulls) is atop the assist leaders with 9.
In his 34th game in MLS, Josef Martinez ties the record for hat tricks in MLS— Dirty South Soccer (@DirtySouthSoc) June 3, 2018