The rules I have implemented for myself are:
1.I will not pick a driver more than 10 times this season.
2.Due to #1 these are “Power Rankings” (in quotations) I’m looking for value here.
My general format for my power rankings:
•Top 2 picks will generally be the favorites, the ones who should be top 5 or top 10 finishes.
• #3 and #4 will be your riskier picks, could be top 5 or bottom 15.
• Pick #5 is the dark horse.
Race: KC Masterpiece 400
Date: May 12th
Venue: Kansas Speedway
2017 Winner: Martin Truex Jr. (3:24:16)
Track: Kansas Speedway. Built in 1999, this 1.5mile tri-oval asphalt track has been hosting two races annually since 2011. The turns hold a 17-20degree tilt, the front stretch is 9-11 and the backstretch is 5 degrees. This track hosted the first races for Denny Hamlin, Austin Dillon, Ryan Blaney and Erik Jones
1) Kevin Harvick (4th selection this year). He’s a favorite through and through. Fresh off a win last week he comes to Kansas where he finished 3rdand 2nd respectively the last two years. I almost forgot, he was 2nd in 2015 too.
2) Kyle Busch (3rd selection this year). It’s rough using the top two racers again so early but Kyle was 5th here last year and he won in 2016. He struggled a bit the last few races and he will surely be in the top 3 in this or the next race, he’s too good to lag down for more than a few races.
High Risk/High Reward
3) Clint Bowyer (4th selection this year) Fresh off a 2nd place finish (his 5th top ten finish in the last 6 races), Clint comes to Kansas where he finished 9th last year.
"It’s fun to be running like this again"- Clint Bowyer pic.twitter.com/WMTIDgCL9t— FOX: NASCAR (@NASCARONFOX) May 6, 2018
4) Daniel Suarez (1st selection this year). Coming off a 3rd place finish right behind Clint last week, Daniel comes to Kansas Motor Speedway where he finished 6th last year. His recent races have been trending better and better as he finished 11th, 10th , 10th and 3rd over his last four.
5) William Byron (1st selection this year). I went with fellow rookie Alex Bowman last week but William came through strong with a 14th place finish. William has landed 3 top 15 finishes in his last 5 and seems to be trending better each race.
Which Car Manufacturer wins at KC Madterpiece 400?
This poll is closed
Favorites: Avg Finish 11th place (29th percentile)
High Risk/High Reward: Avg Finish 16th (42ndpercentile)
Dark Horse: Avg Finish 19th (50th percentile)