Today we close out April showers and head into May flow....Kentucky Derby. Get your big hats and Mint Juleps ready!
What did you spend the most time watching?
This poll is closed
NHL & NBA Playoffs
The NFL Draft
- A rediculous first MLB start for Nick Kingham.
- Unsure what to make of the hot starts from Christian Villaneuva, Dansby Swanson and Matt Chapman? We’ve got you covered!
- Boston Red Sox were the first team to 20 wins, the Yankees just won their 9th straight and Albert Pujols is on the cusp of his 3,000th hit (31 players have achieved this)
- Playoff series won at 4-2: Toronto Raptors beat the Washington Wizards 4-2 behind DeMar DeRozen averaging 27pts per game and Kyle Lowry averaging 7 assists. Oklahoma City Thunder beat the Utah Jazz in 6 games, Russell Westbrook 2.5 assists shy of averaging a tripple double in the playoffs thus far.
- Playoff series going to game 7: The Boston Celtics outlasted the Milwaukee Bucks 112 to 96 in game seven. A full team effort as Al Horford, Jaylen Brown and Terry Rozier all averaging 18pts. The Cleveland Cavaliers made it past the Indianapolis Pacers behind Lebrons 45 pts (5th most by a player in a game 7)
LeBron (45 PTS, 9 REB, 7 AST, 4 STL) leads @cavs to Game 7 win with an all-time performance!— NBA (@NBA) April 29, 2018
James becomes the first player in NBA history to reach those numbers in a Game 7! #WhateverItTakes | #NBAPlayoffs pic.twitter.com/hb7DSEG7k2
- Playoff series swept: New Orleans Pelicans swept the Portland Trail Blazers.
- Playoffs series at 4-1: Philadelphia 76ers made a bold statement beating the Miami Heat in 5 games. James Harden and Chris Paul also needed 5 for the Houston Rockets to beat the Minnesota Timberwolves. San Antonio stole 1 but the Golden State Wariors took out the Spurs in 5 games without Stephen Curry.
The 76ers beat the Heat and advance to the 2nd round pic.twitter.com/sDyC6voYog— Leading NBA (@LeadingNBA) April 25, 2018
2nd round matchups:
Toronto Raptors vs. Cleveland Cavaliers;
Boston Celtics vs. Philadelphia 76ers;
Houston Rockets vs. Utah Jazz
Golden State Warriors vs. New Orleans Pelicans
- 2nd round is in full swing: Washington Capitals held on to a 2 goal lead (they have blown 3 already this postseason) to tie up the series with the PIttsburgh Penguins 1-1. Both Sidney Crosby and Alex Ovechkin are not disappointing in their 3rd consecutive post season matchup.
- Bruins took game one over the Lightning 6-2. Rick Nash and Patrice Bergeron each scored twice. I went boldly against most critics on Nash being a fad fit in Boston and i’ll admit their play so far has proved me wrong.
- The Winnipeg Jets won game one easily 4-1 over Nashville. The Predators fought hard bringing game 2 into not one but two overtimes to even the series at one a piece.
- Similarly the Vegas Golden Knights crushed the Sharks 7-0 in game 1. Game 2 gave much more entertainment as the Knights finally lost a post season game in the second overtime bringing this series to one each.
- The draft has come and gone, Baker Mayfield at #1, 4 QBs in the first 10 picks for the first time in the modern draft era, a RB at 2, and plenty of trades and surprises.
English Premier League
- Manchester United pulled a 2-1 win over Arsenal with goals from Pogba and Fellaini.
- Manchester City wins again in dominant fashion over West Ham United. Goals by Sane, Zabaleta, Jesus and Fernandinho.
- New York FC remains atop the standings with a 3-1 win over FC Dallas. Jesus Medina with 1 goal and Villa with 2.
- Atlanta United right behind them with a 4-1 win over Montreal Impact (goals by Almiron and Kratz - 2 each)
- Billy Horschel and Scotty Piercy won the Zurich Classic at New Orleans at -22 under par.
Many a gator were spotted and chased
- Recap across all of Rugby this weekend
- Yawn Exeter and Saracens win...again. Owen Farrell from the Saracens holds the most points in the league. No Tries this past weekend but 5 conversions.
- After 36 races, Joey Logano took a checkered flag at the Geico 500. He finished ahead of a Busch (but not Kyle this time) Kurt Busch and Chase Elliott took 2nd and 3rd.
- Programs took a minute to enjoy the draft and now back to practicing for the 2018-2019 season! Georgia remains atop recruiting rankings right now
- WBA World Middleweight - Danny Jacobs won in unanimous decision over Maciej Sulecki.