Baseball is just about done, Golf is officially done, Football is coming back to what we thought it was and the NHL is about to start.
Golf (Ryder Cup)
- Europe wins for the 6th consecutive time in Europe and the 9th time in the last 12 Ryder Cups
- Francesco Molinari becomes the fourth golfer to go 5-0 in his first Ryder Cup
NFL (Week 4)
- Matt Ryan, Jared Goff and Mitchell Trubisky each threw for at least five touchdowns while Goff, Andrew Luck, Derek Carr, Kirk Cousins and Matt Ryan each threw for 400 yards to offset last week when no one did it.
- Alvin Kamara rushed for three touchdowns and Ezekiel Elliott, Kamara, Marshawn Lynch, Sony Michel, Nick Chubb, Melvin Gordon and Mike Davis each rushed for 100+yards.
- Julio Jones, DeAndre Hopkins, Cooper Kupp and Corey Davis each had 150+ receiving yards.
- Houston and Oakland got their first win of the year, Green Bay shutout the Buffalo Bills and three games went to OT including the aforementioned Houston and Oakland games as well as the Philadelphia Eagles who lost to the Tennessee Titans.
The Bears sit atop the NFC North thanks to Mitchell Trubisky's 6 TDs pic.twitter.com/DFHyg3d9N7— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) September 30, 2018
MLB (99% of the way into the season)
- TieBreakers (aka game 163) needed for Milwaukee vs. Chicago Cubs (Jhoulys Chacin vs. Jose Quintana) and Colorado Rockies vs. LA Dodgers (German Marquez vs. Walker Buehler)
- Wildcard game will occur between A’s and Yankees and winner of the two aforementioned tiebreaker games.
- Remainder of the playoff teams: In the East - Indians vs. Astros, Red Sox vs. Winner of Yankees/A’s. In the West – Braves are the lone other team out there besides the aforementioned tiebreaker games.
NASCAR (Bank of America Roval 400)
- Ryan Blaney wins at Charlotte
- Jamie McMurray, Clint Bowyer and Alex Bowman round out the top 4. No Martin Truex Jr or Brad Keselowski, or Joey Logano or Kyle Busch or Kevin Harvick in the top 4.
EPL (Week 6)
- Manchester United loses to West Ham; Arsenal has won seven straight and Wolverhampton is off to a great start being promoted and starting off 3-3-1.
- Clean sheets by Leicester City, Everton, Manchester City, Arsenal, Wolverhampton and Tottenham Hotspur
MLS (91% of the way into the season)
- Atlanta, NY Red Bulls and NYFC have clinched in the East while FC Dallas has clinched in the West. Columbus, Philadelphia, Montreal and DC battling for the last 3 playoff spots in the East; Sporting Kansas City, LAFC, Portland, Seattle, Real Salt Lake and LA Galaxy battling for five spots in the West.
- Zlatan still dominating with three goals in his last four games. Nico Lodeiro had quite a day with 114 touches, one goal and two assists..
Mickey Mouse and Goofy pic.twitter.com/EeZvE3SdfK— Zlatan Ibrahimović (@Ibra_official) September 27, 2018
- Jorge Linares beats Abner Cotto in the third round to win the Junior Welterweight
- Outstanding Preseason efforts from Mathew Barzal, Connor McDavid and Mitch Marner.
- Shortly after I highlighted Dustin Brown as a fantasy asset he breaks his finger and is out indefinitely.
UFC (Belator 206)
- Gegard Mousasi beats Rory MacDonald in the second round to hold the Middleweight Belt
- College Hockey starts this week!
- College Football – statement wins by Notre Dame over #7 Stanford; Ohio State over #9 Penn State; # 11 Washington over #25 BYI, #12 West Virginiaover #25 Texas Tech and Clemson gets by with backup play over Syracuse.
- Women’s Volleyball - #9 PSU over #17 Michigan; #25 Utah over #13 Washington, #5 Wisconsin over #16 Purdue, #3 Nebraska over #7 Illinois
- Women’s Soccer #1 Stanford over #2 USC