The World Cup is among us (even if the US isn’t playing there are still plenty of interesting stories to follow), the US Open has it’s winner and we have drafts for days.
PGA – Brooks Koepka wins his second US Open in a row.
· For the seventh total time and first time since Curtis Strange in 1988 and 1989.
· Tommy Fleetwood came very close to setting a PGA record with a 63 on Sunday
· The course was MARKETLY easier on Sunday than Saturday, two plays varied by 16+ strokes (including Rickie Fowler who varied by 19 strokes between Saturday and Sunday), the most by any player day over day in US Open history.
· Phil Mickelson hit a moving ball while putting which at the time he told his partner (I don’t know what they are assess me for doing this) and then later said it was a decidedly tactful move to avoid the ball rolling down the hill.
Phil Mickelson is off the rails. Putting like a four year old out there. pic.twitter.com/doUMMHORNJ— Will Brinson (@WillBrinson) June 16, 2018
· He missed the cut but an NHL Ref played in the US Open.
World Cup – We are on day 5 of matches.
· Mexico beat Germany and Switzerland tied Brazil in two stunning games
Moment of the Day— FIFA World Cup (@FIFAWorldCup) June 17, 2018
When @HirvingLozano70 scored against the reigning #WorldCup champions to give #MEX a dream start to Russia 2018 ️⚽️
TV listings https://t.co/xliHcxWvEO pic.twitter.com/oYMWN6uuCM
· Mexico leads group F; Serbia leads group E, Croatia leads group D, France and Denmark lead group C, Iran leads group B and Russia and Uruguay lead group A.
· Ronaldo scored a hat trick against Spain and leads all players with 3 goals.
· Switzerland continued to bring down Neymar and held strong to tie the game. Questions now arise as to whether or not this play should be allowed continually against stars.
· Bryce Harper is now hitting .217 on the season
· The Astros have won 11 straight
· Mets scored 4 runs in the 9th inning to rally and come back to beat the Diamondbacks
· Paul Goldschmidt continues to make up for lost time. Now hitting .491 with 16 runs and 15 RBI’s over his last 14 days.
It’s been a tale of 2 seasons for Paul Goldschmidt. pic.twitter.com/dfbsw27wtS— MLB Stat of the Day (@MLBStatoftheDay) June 10, 2018
· 2018 Draft is on 7:00pm Thursday June 21stat Barclays Center in Brooklyn.
· Trade talks are swirling, Kawhi Leonard and the Suns #1 overall pick are in many of the talks.
Sources with @DraftExpress: Beyond obvious high lottery picks, here are several green room invites for NBA Draft on Thursday: Robert Williams, Lonnie Walker, Donte DiVincenzo, Zhaire Smith, Jerome Robinson and Aaron Holiday.— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) June 16, 2018
Natty breaks down a mock draft here:
· 2018 Draft is on at 7:30pm Friday June 22ndat the American Airlines Center in Dallas.
· Round 1 will be on Friday; Rounds 2-7 will be Saturday at 11am.
· Rasmus Dahlin (Defense) looks to be the top pick for the Buffalo Sabres.
Update #NHLDraft Top-10:— Mark Scheig (@markscheig) June 16, 2018
· Connecticut sun lose 3 this week and drop down the standings. Los Angeles Sparks and Phoenix Mercury now stand atop the Standings
· RIP Anne Donovan. Hall of Famer (inducted 1995) and two time Olympic Gold Medalist (1984 & 1988)
Anne Donovan, a legendary figure in women's basketball who won Olympic gold as a player and as a coach for the United States, died Wednesday of heart failure. She was 56. https://t.co/agT6XstRbf— espnW (@espnW) June 13, 2018
· Errol Spence Jr. KO’d Carlos Ocampo in round 1 to hold on to the Welterweight Title.
· Danny Roman beat Moises “Chucky” Flores through a unanimous decision to hold on to the Junio Featherweight
It’s over! Congrats Champ! @ErrolSpenceJr pic.twitter.com/FdCBi7p1QZ— ✭Andy✭ (@SportsAce214) June 17, 2018
· Final 8 is among us in Baseball: Oregon State vs. UNC (UNC up 1-0); Washington vs. Mississippi State (Mississippi St up 1-0); Florida vs. Arkansas (Arkansas up 1-0); Texas Tech vs. Texas (Texas Tech up 1-0).
· Interesting article on the best non-conference NCAAF games in 2018