MLB (World Series)
- The Red Sox win their ninth world series (and fourth in the last 15 years). They are now 9-4 in World Series appearances.
- They won the series four games to one over the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- Alex Cora is the fifth first season manager to win a World Series.
- The Dodgers are the first team since the 2010 -2011 Texas Rangers to lose back to back World Series appearances.
NFL (Week 8)
- Passing – Kirk Cousins led the league with 359 passing yards, Patrick Mahomes threw four Touchdowns and now set an NFL record for most TDs through the first nine games played (26 TDs)
- Rushing – Adrian Peterson ran for 149 yards and 1 TD; James Conner, Lamar Miller, Marlon Mack, Joe Mixon, Todd Gurley and Chris Carson all rushed for over 100 yards.
- Receiving – Mike Evans with 179 receiving yards and 1 TD, Tyler Boyd, Odell Beckham, DeVante Parker and Davante Adams all with over 125 yards receiving.
- The Bucs almost came back from a 20 points deficit to the Bengals, Houston won by 19 points, Green Bay almost delivered LAR its first loss and Carolina put up 36 on a good Ravens defense.
NHL (Week 4)
- Gabriel Landeskog, Mikko Rantanen and Connor McDavid all with 12+ points in the last two weeks.
- Cam Talbot and Devan Dubnyk with four wins over the last two weeks.
NBA (Week 2)
- Stephen Curry leads the league with 33.9 PPG just ahead of Damian Lillard who has 33.8 PPG
- Andre Drummond with 15.8 RPG, Kyle Lowry with 10.3 APG and Anthony Davis with 3.75 BPG.
- Milwaukee Bucks and Toronto Raptors undefeated at 6-0 while Cleveland Cavaliers are the sole winless team.
EPL (Week 10)
- Chelsea resoundly beat Burnley, Liverpool beat Cardiff City and Manchester City beat Everton as Arsenal tied Crystal Palace.
- Clean sheets by Chelsea, Southampton, Newcastle United, Bournemouth, Brighton and Hove Albion and Watford
MLS (week 35, get ready for the playoffs)
- Playoff Teams include: Sporting KC, Atlanta, NY Red Bulls, Seattle, FC Dallas, LAFC, NYCFC, Philadelphia, DC United, Columbus Crew, Real Salt Lake and Portland.
NASCAR (First Data 500)
- Joey Logano wins his first 2018 playoff race in a controversial fashion
- Ultimate ICYMI, after leading most of the final laps, he was passed by Martin Truex Jr. in the final lap, on the final turn of the race, Martin slowed down and Logano continued to ride his bumper causing him to spin out a bit around the final bend and allowing Logano the window to pass him down the final stretch. In effort to right his car, Martin was also passed by Denny Hamlin just before the finish line.
- College Hockey – Minnesota Duluth swept Notre Dame and St. Cloud State lost to Northeastern.
- College Football – Texas lost to Oklahoma State, Florida lost to Georgia, Washington lost to California, Texas A&M lost to Mississippi State, Iowa lost to Penn State, Oregon lost to Arizona, Wisconsin lost to Northwestern, South Florida lost to Houston, NC State lost to Syracuse and Appalachian State lost to Georgia Southern as 11 teams in the top 25 lost.
- Women’s Volleyball – No big upsets!
- Women’s Soccer – Florida State (#9) beat Duke (#5), BYU beat Santa Clara (#6)
- Men’s Soccer – SMU beat UConn (#15), Grand Canyon U. beat Air Force (#8), Georgetown (#24), Cornell (#22) UC Irvine (#21) and Wright State (#16) all lost as well.