Baseball playoffs are getting very fun to watch. The NFL seemed to return to normalcy, the NHL is heating up and the NBA season is about to get underway.
NFL (Week 6)
- Passing – Jameis Winston with 395 yards and 4 TDs, Patrick Mahomes with 352 yards and 4 TDs, no QBs topped 400 yards this week.
- Todd Gurley rushed for 208 yards and 2 TDs, Melvin Gordon went off for 132 yards and 3 TDs, Latavius Murray, Saquon Barkley, James Connor, Ezekiel Elliott, Sony Michel and Frank Gore all had over 100 yards rushing.
- Receiving – Albert Wilson with 155 yards and 2 TDs, Julio Jones with 143 yards receiving and 0 TDs, Tyreek Hill with 142 yards and 3 TDs.
- Bradley Chubb and Za’Darius Smith led the league in sacks last week with 3 each.
MLB (League Finals)
- In the American League finals the Astros and Red Sox took a game apiece. Mookie Betts has 2 runs, 1 RBI and a .444 avg across 9 at bats in this series.
- In the National League finals the Dodgers and Brewers took a game apiece. Chris Taylor has 2 runs, 1 RBI and batting a .556 in the series.
- Fun fact – so far through 4 league championship series games, the Astros have two pitchers with at least 6 IP (Verlander and Cole) that is 2 more pitchers than the remaining 3 teams. Coincidentally those two lead the series in K’s (6 and 5 respectively).
NHL (Week 2)
- Patrice Bergeron led last week with 4 goals, 5 assists a +5 and 39 faceoffs won
- Frederik Andersen led goalies with 3 wins and 9 goals against across 3 games with 81 saves.
- Injuries include: Ryan Getzlaf, Joel Eriksson Ek, Nolan Patrick, Jean-Gabriel Pageau, Paul Stastny, Alex Galchenyuk, Jonathan Quick, Corey Perry and Shea Weber.
- Regular Season kicks off tomorrow with 76ers vs. Celtics and Thunder vs. Warriors.
- Preseason leaders – Toronto Raptors, Charlotte Hornets, Washington Wizards, Utah Jazz, LA Clipper, Houston Rockets and Denver Nuggets.
- Preseason stat leaders: James Harden (30ppg), Andre Drummond (16 rpg), Russell Westbrook (10apg), Anthony Davis (2.5bpg)
Our NBA predictions are ready! Which is a probably a good thing, since the season starts tomorrow. According to #Analytics, the Warriors are good. https://t.co/AOrx3xBIJi pic.twitter.com/JWr3tzGsYy— Nate Silver (@NateSilver538) October 15, 2018
- The Crew have been SAVED!
NASCAR (1000Bulbs.com 500)
- Aric Almora, who led last week with 5 laps to go, wins in overtime over Kurt Busch at Talladega.
- The remainder of the top five: Clint Bowyer finished 2nd, Ricky Stenhouse Jr. 3rd, Denny Hamlin 4th and Joey Logano 5th.
MMA (UFC – Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Conor McGregor)
- Fedor Emelianenko beat Chael Sonnen to get a MMA title opportunity.
- College Hockey – Notre Dame (#2) beat Providence (#4) and BU (#8) was swept by Minnesota State (#11).
- College Football – A second weekend of upsets for college football: Georgia (#2) lost to LSU (#13), West Virginia (#6) lost to Iowa State, Washington (#7) lost to Oregon (#17), Penn State (#8) lost to Michigan State, Wisconsin (#15) lost to Michigan (#12), Miami (#16) lost to Virginia, Colorado (#19) lost to USC and Auburn (#21) lost to Tennessee.
For the first time since 1990, three teams in the top eight seeds were upset in back to back weeks
- Women’s Volleyball – fun factoid – only 10 teams have won a D1 Women’s Volleyball Championship since the NCAA first crowned a winner in 1981. Oregon (#14) upset by Utah, Washington State (#21) upset by California
- Women’s Soccer – Arizona State holds #1 Stanford to a tie.
- Men’s Soccer – Coastal Carolina (#22) upset by Appalachian State.
Minnesota continues its awesome season. https://t.co/v9Lezsu36G— Diana | SportsTV (@DianaSportsTV) October 15, 2018