GAAAAHHHH WHY GAME OF THRONES, WHY YOU GOTTA DO ME LIKE THIS!??!
Spoilers coming hot and heavy so get ready. So, we had a freaking blood bath on a frozen lake, a dragon fire breathing massacre (all the points for Dany again smh) and a perfectly thrown deep ball from the Night King right into Viserion’s chest. Night King’s scouting report: 1st round pick, best quarterback in the draft.
Here’s the episode scorecard so you can score how your team did. I’ve added some highlights, giving you a breakdown of some of the scoring. I also shared the teams that were tweeted our way so you can see how other teams stacked up against yours.
Start tallying your scores!
S7, S6 Scorecard
|The Night King||200||0||75||0||275|
|Thoros of Myr||0||0||5||5||10|
- Let’s start with the winner/most hateable person/thing of this episode: The Night King. Much to the dismay of our reigning multiple champion Becca, he turned out to be the only character you needed to start this week, and only Heath and SayItLoud did. Damn. He killed a dragon (+200) and gave us our first OH SHIT moment when he brought Viserion back to life (+75). Also +50 to Viserion for coming back from the dead. But seriously, come on Game of Thrones, this was a crushing episode to watch, and then re-watch.
- I knew this episode was going to lead to some ridiculous scores simply because it was gonna be a few living vs a much of undead. And the scores did not disappoint. Every one who fought on the ground killed at least sixteen Wights (which I’m counting as random characters by the way) (+80). Jon gets a boost because he killed a) more Wights given his little show boat moment—which ultimately got Viserion killed—and b) he killed a White Walker (+15).
- Also everyone, except Jon, gets to benefit from +25 you get for riding a dragon. Even as an escape tactic, it’s pretty dang cool.
- I was all aboard the Beric train because I thought for sure he was going to die and comeback from the dead, good for a solid 50 points. But then of course his priest Thoros gets Leo’ed by a frozen dead bear and dies. So, so much for that little story line. Beric did get points for riding a dragon and for lighting his sword in dramatic fashion (+5).
- Sadly, even though Jorah kills the dead bear, only could count it as killing a random character. The bear wasn’t known and wasn’t a White Walker. Sorry Jorah owners.
- The man, the myth, the legend Tormund had himself an episode. He took over for Davos with the snarky comments and quick witted tongue, including an AMAZING exchange with the Hound over his love, Brienne of Tarth.
- While it was a good episode for most of the crew that headed up north, it was not a great one for Gendry. He did kill a Wight (+5) and did take a big old drink (+5), but he also complained twice about getting his blood drawn and being sold (-10). He then ran home so didn’t get to fight anyone. Bummer.
- Can’t see it in the score, but the Hound gets -5 for being a dick and throwing the rock at the Wights that tells them the lake is frozen over, thus starting the battle.
- Speaking of dicks, Littlefinger and Sansa end with -5 because a) Littlefinger is always a dick (but is really trying to break up the Stark sisters) and b) Sansa was a dick to Brienne who’s just an honor bound warrior that knows Littlefinger is a dick. Something bad is going to happen in Winterfell...
- Heath Capps: 415 points (Dany, Night King, Bran, Sam, Littlefinger)
- Fantasy Consultant: 285 points (Jon, Hound, Bran, Littlefinger, Samwell)
- SayItLoud: 275 points (Night King, Gendry, Grey Worm, Samwell Tarly, Brandon Stark)
Becca Giles: 270 points (Jon, Beric, Littlefinger, Samwell & Qyburn)
Pete Rogers: 270 points (Jon, Beric, Littlefinger, Samwell & Qyburn)
- Mark Abell: 160 points (Jon, Davos, Bran, the Mountain and Qyburn)
- Kyle Graveman: 0 points (Gendry, Bronn, Arya Stark, Samwell Tarly, Petyr Baelish)
Thanks everyone for playing and make sure to come back next week for the season finale!