Facts can be a quirky thing, they can tell some of the story but not all of it. Perseverance can be an interesting stat. Harley-Davidson was bought by bowling ball company AMF back in the late 1970s. They tried to turn the products into things like boats and snowmobiles. There were repeated failures and ultimately the executives at Harley-Davidson bought it back a few years later.
***Reminder – these facts are as of Sunday night and do not include MNF.***
1. Patrick Mahomes was undefeated in September up until last week when they lost to the Ravens. They lost AGAIN yesterday to the Los Angeles Chargers in part due to Mahomes’ three turnovers in the first half.
2. In these two losses, Mahomes still threw at least one TD extending his consecutive games with a thrown TD (he’s currently tied for 18th all time, dating back to 10/6/2019).
3. The Giants have lost two consecutive games on the final play of the game.
4. Myles Garrett recorded 4.5 sacks against Justin Fields yesterday, a franchise record.
5. Five of the top six players in rush yards from Week 3 did NOT score a rushing TD: Derrick Henry, Alexander Mattison, Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Joe Mixon, and Alvin Kamara.
6.) Justin Tucker drilled an NFL record 66 yard field goal to beat the Lions.
7.) Pittsburgh’s offensive line features two rookies and one free agent. Every one of the starters on the OL committed a penalty yesterday.
8.) Two of the those offensive line players got hurt in the second half of yesterday’s game.
9.) Sam Darnold has more rushes inside the five-yard line than Lamar Jackson, Kyler Murray and Patrick Mahomes.
10.) Kickers with a perfect FG% so far: Brandon McManus, Graham Gano, Matt Gay, Daniel Carlson, and Nick Folk.