It’s Super Bowl week, and even though things are different this year and fans won’t be able to watch the games together, that doesn’t mean the best parts of the Super Bowl can’t be enjoyed.
And by best parts, I of course am talking about food and gambling!
According to the most recent SB Nation Reacts survey, there is a clear favorite food on Super Bowl Sunday. More than a third of fans said their favorite Super Bowl food is chicken wings. That’s followed by 18 percent that picked pizza, 12 percent that picked chips and dip and 11 percent that want Nachos.
Personally, beer is my favorite Super Bowl food, closely followed by chili, but I respect the wings pick.
Along with any good food spread comes the extra juice from gambling on the game. When asked their favorite betting games around the Super Bowl, nearly 50 percent said they prefer squares. In a distant second was moneyline and spread bets with 22 percent. Personally, I’m a big props bet guy, as you might have noticed.
Within the category of prop bets are almost more extremely specific bets than can be fully appreciated. But there are always a few that are the most popular.
The Reacts survey listed these outcomes as most likely, according to fans:
- 58 percent believe Patrick Mahomes will win Super Bowl LV MVP
- 46 percent (a plurality) believe a Chiefs touchdown will be the first score of the game
- 51 percent believe the Buccaneers will be the last team to score
- 60 percent believe the Buccaneers will record the first sack of the game
- 55 percent believe the coin toss will result in heads being flipped
- 51 percent believe the jersey number of the first player to score a touchdown will be greater than 24.5
- 59 percent believe a call will be overturned by a coaches’ challenge
- 36 percent (a plurality) believe the gatorade color dumped on the winning coach will be orange
Most importantly, fans have also picked the Chiefs to win the Super Bowl. On the year, Reacts picks have proven worthy. Reacts picks are 168-80 on the season, a record that tops the SB Nation experts.
Our football staff split 50/50 on Super Bowl LV’s winner. Who do you think will win Sunday?
To vote in the Reacts surveys and have your voice heard each week, sign up here.