Just prior to the 1966 World Cup the Jules Rimet trophy was stolen. Subsequent random notes and police investigations followed the days after the burglary. A London citizen (David Corbett) and his dog (Pickles) found it six days later in a newspaper-wrapped parcel. The trophy was found and England won their first World Cup that year. I highlight this because kicking has recently been and could continue to be a sneaky grab this week.
***Reminder – these notes are as of Sunday night.***
- Geno Smith won his first game since 2016, as Seattle rolled over Jacksonville, 31-7.
- On his 2nd career catch, Cyrill Gibson caught a TD in the 4th quarter of a close game between TB and NO from Tom Brady. NO went on to win, but that is a cool impact for your 2nd career catch.
- Chase Edmonds, who has 75 attempts and 425 yards (he had two games with over 80 rushing yards) got his first rushing TD of the season on Sunday.
- Ben Roethlisberger had the longest streak of consecutive games with a pass touchdown – he continued that streak with a pass to rookie tight end Pat Freiermuth on Sunday.
- The Philadelphia Eagles’ six sacks on Sunday vs. Detroit was their highest in a single game in over 10 years.
- Carson Wentz tripled his YTD interception total on Sunday by throwing two interceptions (increasing his year total from one to three).
- Michael Carter had a career high 15 carries, 77 yards and 1 Rush TD on Sunday to go along with nine receptions for an additional 95 receiving yards.
- Tyler Bass went into Sunday one of the best kickers in Fantasy. He went 2/2 on field goals, including a 57-yard field goal and he converted 2 extra points. The 57-yarder was one of the five longest of all time by a Buffalo kicker.
- The 6th best (and one of the most accurate of all-time) kicker Justin Tucker was on bye this past week, I added Bass in two leagues, so perhaps Tucker is available on your waiver wire?
- Since those dominant three weeks when he took the reins (and scored 2+TDs and 200 yards in each game) Taylor Heinicke has failed to score more than 1 TD in any game since. I think defenses have figured him out.
What stuck out to you in Week 8?