This morning as I was lying in bed perusing twitter I stumbled upon this tweet about a new fantasy football league format: What if you drafted NFL teams and you could only ever take players from those teams throughout the season for your fantasy football team.
What do you guys think about this league format!? Drafting teams and constructing your roster using only the players from the teams chosen? @ScottFish24 @MatthewBerryTMR @LateRoundQB @evansilva pic.twitter.com/hmkMGOyHyC— JJ (@Josh_Jenkins5) May 26, 2020
Personally, I LOVE this idea. I think it’s such a good challenge because it really makes you think of a roster as a whole rather than the one or two stars you know from each team. I feel like it also talks you into believing every breakout player you think is going to breakout is actually going to breakout. I’d totally convince myself into drafting the Bengals too early with the hope that Joe Burrow really is the truth and suddenly you get to have one of the best offenses in the NFL on your fantasy team.
So now it’s naturally time to create the definitive team rankings for leagues like this because what else am I going to do on a random Tuesday?
NFL team fantasy rankings
|1||Chiefs||Patrick Mahomes, Damien Williams, Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Tyreek Hill, Mecole Hardman, Sammy Watkins,Travis Kelce|
|2||Browns||Baker Mayfield, Nick Chubb, Kareem Hunt, Odell Beckham Jr., Jarvis Landry, Austin Hooper, David Njoku|
|3||Cowboys||Dak Prescott, Ezekiel Elliott, Amari Cooper, Michael Gallup, CeeDee Lamb|
|4||Saints||Drew Brees, Alvin Kamara, Latavius Murray, Michael Thomas, Emmanuel Sanders, Jared Cook|
|5||Ravens||Lamar Jackson, Mark Ingram, J.K. Dobbins, Marquise Brown, Mark Andrews|
|6||Packers||Aaron Rodgers, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Davante Adams|
|7||Buccaneers||Tom Brady, Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Rob Gronkowski, O.J. Howard|
|8||Titans||Ryan Tannehill, Derrick Henry, A.J. Brown, Jonu Smith|
|9||Cardinals||Kyler Murray, Kenyan Drake, DeAndre Hopkins, Larry Fitzgerald|
|10||Seahawks||Russell Wilson, Tyler Lockett, D.K. Metcalf, whatever tight end of theirs is healthy|
|11||Vikings||Kirk Cousins, Dalvin Cook, Adam Thielen, Kyle Rudolph|
|12||Panthers||Christian McCaffrey, D.J. Moore, Robby Anderson|
|13||Falcons||Matt Ryan, Todd Gurley, Julio Jones, Calvin Ridley|
|14||Broncos||Melvin Gordon, Phillip Lindsay, Courtland Sutton, Jerry Jeudy, Noah Fant|
|15||Giants||Daniel Jones, Saquon Barkley, Golden Tate, Evan Engram|
|16||Bills||Josh Allen, Devin Singletary, Stefon Diggs, John Borwn|
|17||49ers||Jimmy Garoppolo, Raheem Mostert, Deebo Samuel, George Kittle|
|18||Lions||Matthew Stafford, Kerryon Johnson, D'Andre Swift, Kenny Golladay, Marvin Jones Jr., T.J. Hockenson|
|19||Bengals||Joe Burrow, Joe Mixon, A.J. Green, Tyler Boyd|
|20||Steelers||Ben Roethlisberger, James Conner, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Eric Ebron|
|21||Rams||Jared Goff, Cooper Kupp, Robert Woods, Tyler Higbee|
|22||Colts||Philip Rivers, Marlon Mack, Jonathan Taylor, T.Y. Hilton, Jack Doyle|
|23||Texans||Deshaun Watson, David Johnson, Brandin Cooks, Will Fuller|
|24||Eagles||Carson Wentz, Miles Sanders, Jalen Reagor, Zach Ertz|
|25||Chargers||Austin Ekeler, Keenan Allen, Mike Williams, Hunter Henry|
|26||Dolphins||Tua Tagovailoa, Jordan Howard, DeVante Parker, Preston Williams, Mike Gesicki|
|27||Jets||Sam Darnold, Le'Veon Bell, Jamison Crowder, Denzel Mims|
|28||Jaguars||Gardner Minshew, Leonard Fournette, D.J. Chark|
|29||Raiders||Josh Jacobs, Henry Ruggs III, Darren Waller|
|30||Washington||Adrian Peterson, Derrius Guice, Terry McLaurin|
|31||Bears||David Montgomery, Tarik Cohen, Allen Robinson|
|32||Patriots||Sony Michel, James White, Julian Edelman, Mohamed Sanu|
- I think either the Chiefs or Browns could be the number one team as both squads basically give you a starting lineup in themselves. Obviously Patrick Mahomes has proven more than Baker Mayfield so far, but if Mayfield takes the expected step forward, he has plenty of weapons to boost his numbers.
- I probably have the Seahawks too high but I’m a firm believer in two things: Russell Wilson is really good at football and is going to get his no matter what and Pete Carroll’s commitment to the run game means whatever back is back there has fantasy value. Maybe the Vikings should be ahead of them...
- The Panthers feel down in my rankings despite having Christian McCaffrey and D.J. Moore simply because of Teddy Bridgewater. Even if Bridgewater is fine, is he going to be enough of a fantasy difference to out way the aforementioned Vikings who have Kirk Cousins (known fantasy producer) and Dalvin Cook who can also get you a ton of points.
- Broncos would be so much higher on this list with Cam Newton. Just saying.
- Like I said, I AM FIRMLY ON THE BENGALS HYPETRAIN. I almost had them in my top 15 teams but calmed myself a little. Still, if Joe Burrow is anything like he was last year at LSU, the Bengals have plenty of offensive firepower to quickly become a must own team in fantasy.
- I kept going back and forth with the Rams and the Steelers but ultimately I gave the edge to Pittsburgh because if everyone can stay healthy, that team is fantasy gold. Injuries are a big factor here obviously, but James Conner and JuJu Smith-Schuster both have top 10 potential and a healthy Ben Roethlisberger can take them there.
- Also, what a fall from grace for the Rams offense. Once thought to be THE fantasy offense, now drops all the way to 20. I think there’s certainly room for a bounce back year from this entire squad in 2020 but am I willing to take that risk now? No.
- If I had clarity at the QB position in LA, the skill position players are so fricking good this team would be a lot higher. Still, neither Tyrod Taylor or Justin Herbert instill tooooooo much confidence in me, but I do think this squad is still going to put up fantasy points.
- Washington, the Bears, and Patriots are all interchangeable for me and all teams I would stay away from. Washington has the best chance of working their way out of the bottom in my opinion if Dwayne Haskins is any good. The Bears could be good but I trust none of the quarterbacks they have. The Patriots... Sony Michel is about to get 300 touches. Woot. Woot.