Welcome to your daily NBA DFS digest at FakeTeams, gents. Every day I’m here with a handful of pro-tips to roster a winning team just a few hours from now. On top of that, I’ll bring you some news, statistical trends from the past few days, some studs/duds from the last slate of games, and much more!
Hoop Land Times: News and notes from around the Association
- Devin Booker was officially named Dame’s replacement during the upcoming All-Star Weekend, which includes the All-Star game and also the Three-Point Contest. Double dose of Book for y’all to enjoy some sweet shooting (wink wink).
- Shouts to Kevin Garnett, who will see his no. 5 retired by the Boston Celtics next season. KG got his lone chip while playing in Beantown so there’s that. Hard to forget the OG Big Three that formed up there.
- Zion has had back-to-back season- and career-high scoring nights in the NBA. It was 31 pops first, 32 yesterday. At this record-setting pace, he would score 100 points before Christmas next season. Can’t wait.
Duds and Studs: Last night slate roundup
- The couple of overtimes helped, sure, but that doesn’t take for Sweet Lou Williams great performance against a stout Celtics team. Lou Will played 44 minutes and was the only player of the slate to reach 60.5 DKFP to the tune of 35 pops, 6 rebounds, 8 dimes, a steal, and 2 blocks. He attempted a massive 33 (!!!) shots with an impossible usage of 35.6%.
- Four other inside the 50-to-60 DKFP clip: Jayson Tatum (56.25 DKFP in 48 minutes; 39-9-1-1-1), Montrezl Harrell (55.25 in 44 minutes; 24-13-3-2-3), Kawhi Leonard (52.25 in 45 minutes; 28-11-4-1-1), and Gordon Hayward (50.25 in 48; 21-13-4-1-1).
- While Lou was quite a value yesterday (60.5 DKFP at a palatable $6.1K), the ROI King crown went to Harrell after getting his 55.25 DKFP while priced at just $4.5K. Two more player with great ROIs from yesterday’s two-game slate: Marcus Smart (49.5 DKFP at $5.7K) and JJ Redick (36 at $4.4K).
- And the DOTS Award goes to... Paul George! I don’t even know where to start. PG played under 14 minutes, got himself 8.25 DKFP, bitched about the referees, scored all of 4 points, and did all of this at a very sweet price of just $7.9K. Super cool, right? Shaking my head...
- Other horrific performers: Josh Hart (21.5 DKFP at $5.6K) and Ivica Zubac (15 at $4.2).
- Only 39 players logging at least a minute of playing time yesterday, so not a lot of chances to watch many put up big numbers. We had four dub-dubs between points and boards (Tatum and Kemba missed on it by a rebound, Favors by a rebound and two points), and just two via points and dimes (Lou Will missed on it by a couple of assists).
What’s cooking? Statistical trends from the past seven days
- Not a lot of changes recently, even less with just two games played yesterday. Some of the guys returning great value during the week before the break: Furkan Korkmaz (21-4-2-1), Malik Beasley (22-7-3-1), James Johnson (9-5-4-2-1), Jae Crowder (18-7-1-2), and Dejounte Murray (19-8-7-2).
- A little more expensive (in other words: mostly owned in season-long leagues) but producing a ton of fantasy goodies: Jamal Murray (31-3-7-1), LaMarcus Aldridge (23-10-3-1-1), Ja Morant (21-6-8-1), Aaron Gordon (19-9-6-1-1), and Gordon Hayward (18-10-5-0-1).
- Flip of the coin (only including players priced at $7K+ on average during the past seven days), or “players I’d like to watch play as I know they can do or else I’d have to kick their ass”: Paul George (14-6-3-1-1), Kelly Oubre Jr. (21-6-1-0-0-1), Kemba (19-6-5), Lonzo (13-6-7-1-1), VanVleet (22-2-5-1).
- Cheap points (min. 3 games played in the past seven days): Malik Beasley (22 ppg in 32 mpg), JJ Redick (20.3 in 23), and Derrick White (15 in 23).
- Cheap threes: Malik Beasley (4.7 3pm in 32), Jae Crowder (4 in 29.7), and Avery Bradley (3.3 in 27.3).
- Cheap boards: Dwight Howard (8.8 in 17.3), Kyle Anderson (7.7 in 27.7), and Dewayne Dedmon (7 in 25.7).
- Cheap dimes: Coby White (6.3 in 30.3), Tyus Jones (4.7 in 18), and Tony Snell (4.3 in 33).
- Cheap steals: O.G. Anunoby (2.8 in 30.8), DeAndre Hunter (2.3 in 37.3), and Gary Trent Jr. (1.8 in 27.2).
- Cheap blocks: Dewayne Dedmon (3.3 in 25.7), Thon Maker (1.5 in 27.5), and James Johnson (1.3 in 26.3).
- Cheap shooting: Jae Crowder (60.1 fg% on 9.7 fga), Thon Maker (58.8% on 9.0), and Avery Bradley (55.2% on 9.0)
Gotta Win The Day: Best/Worst DraftKings plays for tonight’s slate
- All-Star Break, folks. Enjoy the time off and, well, find other things to put your money on and get you some bucks. We have you covered!
If you have any comment or question about the daily column, tonight’s games, players involved in them, or even season-long fantasy NBA topics, just drop it below or reach out to me on Twitter at @chapulana and I’ll get back to you as soon as I grab a keyboard!