Welcome to my NFL Week 15 bold predictions. Every week I give five bold fantasy football predictions and then grade them on a scale of A-D on how successful they were.
Here’s what I got for this week:
1. Patrick Mahomes finishes outside the top 10 this week
Justification: Mahomes has been on a tear with at least 300 yards in six consecutive games. He faces New Orleans defense who have allowed the fourth fewest passing yards and have limited opposing QBs to just three total touchdowns over the last five games (to go with seven interceptions). I see Mahomes getting one to two touchdowns with around 275 yards.
2. Brandon Aiyuk is a top 12 WR this week vs the Cowboys
Justification: The 49ers face a horrible Dallas defense this week and Aiyuk is off back-to-back games with at least 20 fantasy points. I’m not sure if it’s 100 yards or a touchdown, but he’s primed for a big day.
3. Denver vs. Buffalo over/under is 49, give me the under at 44.5 points
Justification: Denver would have achieved the over at 44.5 points just once across the last four games. This is more about the lack of Broncos offense as Buffalo is quite talented. I don’t see Denver scoring more than 10 points and I see Buffalo sitting around the low 30s.
4. David Montgomery scores his 2nd rushing touchdown of the year
Justification: The Vikings defense is average against opposing running backs but they have allowed three rushing touchdowns across their last four games. Montgomery has been scoring receiving touchdowns but I think he sneaks one in up the gut this week.
5. Hayden Hurst is a top 10 TE this week vs the Buccaneers
Justification: After some lackluster weeks, especially in the absence of Julio Jones, the Falcons face Tampa Bay who has allowed a touchdown or 80 yards to five tight ends across the last five weeks.
Week 14 Outcome
1. Andy Dalton will be a top 7 QB this week. Outcome: Andy did have 2 TDs but just a mere 185 yards of passing. Grade D.
2. Corey Davis is a top 7 WR this week. Outcome: A mere 3 catches for 34 yards as Tennessee did excellent as I suspected but passed to A.J. Brown and Geoff Swaim. Grade D.
3. Baltimore is a 2pt favorite over Cleveland. They win by 7.5pts. Outcome: Baltimore won by 5 points. Sure a safety helped but that’s how these bad beats work. Grade B.
4. Dalvin Cook will finish outside the top 12. Outcome: He finished 11th with 102 yards and a TD. Grade B.
5. Jacob Hollister scores his first TD in over 8 weeks. Outcome: I said it would be either Jacob or Will Dissly that scored and Will Dissly Scored. Grade D.
Grade A: 22 times
Grade B: 11 times
Grade C: 7 times
Grade D: 30 times