Just a refresher – I will provide 5 bold predictions each week. I will grade those 5 bold picks on the old elementary scale of grades A-D.
Let’s get to my Week 14 bold predictions.
1. Andy Dalton will be a top 7 QB this week vs the Bengals
Justification: Dalton is facing his old team with perhaps the most loaded group of wide receivers he’s ever had. He’s thrown for at least 200 yards each of the last three games and 6 touchdowns to 3 interceptions.
2. Corey Davis is a top 7 WR this week vs the Jaguars
Justification: The Titans are going to come out big this week vs. Jacksonville. Davis looked good last week with 182 yards and 1 touchdown, and I think we see more of the same against the fifth worst pass defense in the league.
3. Ravens are a 2 point favorite over the Browns. They win by 7.5 points
Justification: Cleveland is riding high off the Titans win but Lamar Jackson is coming back with something to prove. This is a do or die game for the Ravens, if they lose this one, their season is in major jeopardy.
4. Dalvin Cook will finish outside the top 12 vs the Buccaneers
Justification: The Bucs have a strong run defense, allowing no rushing touchdowns in the last three games. They also haven’t allowed a player to rush for over 60 yards this season on them.
5. Jacob Hollister scores his first touchdown in over 8 weeks
Justification: It’s either Will Dissly or Jacob who will get a receiving touchdown against a Jets defense who has allowed 6 touchdowns to opposing tight ends over the last 4 weeks.
Week 13 Outcome
1. Russell Wilson will finish outside the top 10 this week vs. the Giants. Outcome: With 263 yards and 1 TD along with 1 INT, Wilson was the 20th best QB. Grade A.
2. Michael Pittman will be a top 12 WR this week vs. the Houston Texans. Outcome: Very rough week with 1 reception for 6 yards across 2 targets. Grade D.
3. Las Vegas Raiders at New York Jets over/under is 47, give me the over at 51. Outcome: 59 total points including an amazing TD with 4 seconds left. Grade A.
4. Damien Harris will be a top 10 RB this week. Outcome: He finished 25th as Cam Newton vultured touchdowns. Grade D.
5. Austin Hooper will be a top 5 TE this week. Outcome: Two measly catches for 24 yards, it seemed everyone on Cleveland was thriving except Hooper. Grade D.
Grade A: 22 times
Grade B: 9 times
Grade C: 7 times
Grade D: 27 times