Welcome to this week’s Fantasy Basketball Forecaster! In here, you’ll find:
- 3 players who are coming into the week hot
- 3 players who are coming into the week on a cold spell
- 3 waiver wire adds (among all players under 50% owned)
- Each teams schedule ranking, based on opponents’ stats allowed, where the #1 ranked team faces the easiest fantasy schedule this week, while the #30 ranked team faces the hardest
3 players who are hot
- Bradley Beal (99.9% owned) — Beal has been balling out since John Wall’s season ended and last week was no exception. He averaged 27 points, 7 rebounds and 8 assists on 41 minutes last week. Some pretty damn good numbers.
- Damian Lillard (99.9% owned) — Lillard dropped a 50 burger Thursday against the Thunder and is coming off a week of averaging 8.7 assists to go along with his 31 points per game. He also was almost perfect from the stripe, shooting 91.2%.
- Kyrie Irving (99.9% owned) — Oh thank God Kyrie’s back. Clearly he used making the “not” list last week as motivation and stepped up his all-around game this past week, scoring 24.5 per game, 3.5 threes, 6 rebounds, 8 assists and 2 steals.
3 players who are not
- Chris Paul (99% owned) — Here’s a fun fact for you: this last week, Paul averaged more assists than he did points (9 vs. 6). He finished the week shooting a DISMAL 17.2% from the floor. All you Chris Paul owners are lucky the man can still pass the ball.
- Paul George (99.9% owned) — While his teammate Russell Westbrook had himself a week, George sadly did not, averaging less points, threes and assists this past week, while shooting only 31.3% from the field and 25% from deep.
- Steph Curry (99.9% owned) — Steph was almost mortal this week, shooting in the thirties from both the field and from deep. He averaged only 19.3 points and turned the ball over almost 5 times per game the last three games. Not great.
3 players to add off waivers
- Marcus Smart (17.1% owned) — You need defense? I’ve got defense for you. Smarf will get steals like it’s his job—averaged 3 per this past week—and can occasionally get hot from the field and bring some points—11.3 with 2 threes the last three games.
- Mitchell Robinson (29.7% owned) — Talk about defense, Robinson gets you blocks and steals to go along with elite rebounding. This last week he averaged 8 boards, 1 steal and 3.5 blocks to go with 7 points per game. Man I hate that my brother owns him in our league.
- Tomas Satoransky (30.3% owned) — “Who?” you might ask, and you’d be correct. 11.3 points, 6.7 boards, 9.3 assists and a block across three games last week. That’ll do donkey, that’ll do.