Welcome to this week’s Fantasy Basketball Forecaster! In here, you’ll find:
- 3 players who are coming into the week hot
- 3 players who are coming into the week on a cold spell
- 3 waiver wire adds (among all players under 50% owned)
- Each teams schedule ranking, based on opponents’ stats allowed, where the #1 ranked team faces the easiest fantasy schedule this week, while the #30 ranked team faces the hardest
3 players who are hot (not named James Harden)
- Paul George (100% owned) — This past week, the man with two first names has been averaging 39 points, 5.7 made threes, 5.7 boards, 4.3 assists, and 2 steals. Paul George has been averaging almost 40 points this past week. LAWDY.
- Trae Young (96% owned) — The Hawks’ rookie had himself a week last week averaging 26 points and 3.8 made threes to go along with 8.3 assists. More impressive, he shot 41.7% from downtown last week. Hopefully he’ll keep that hot touch going.
- Brook Lopez (62.9% owned) — Honestly people, this man needs to be reaching 80% ownership. He finished 8th in ESPN’s player rater last week, averaging 15.3 points, 2 made threes, 6 rebounds, 0.7 assists, 0.7 steals, and 2.7 blocks. Lopez belongs on every roster.
3 players who are not
- Kevin Durant (100% owned) — It wasn’t a terrible week for Durant, but it certainly wasn’t one you want from probably the best player on your fantasy team. He was well below his averages in points, rebounds, steals and blocks and was a putrid 13.3% from downtown despite taking 5 threes a game.
- Joel Embiid (100% owned) — 37.5% from the field, 12% from three and 6 turnovers per game! Embiid still got you fantasy points this week, but it was an ugly outing from the big man the last three games.
- Kawhi Leonard (100% owned) — A down week for Kawhi across the board, averaging 17 points, 1.5 threes, 6.5 boards, 2 assists and 1.5 steals. Still, his percentages were good so I’m not too worried about this cold streak continuing.
3 players to add off waivers
- Patrick Beverley (28.9% owned) — 7th in ESPN’s player rater for last week, Beverley’s field goal percentage has continued to climb this season and he just posted a strong week, averaging 10.8 points, 1.8 threes and an impressive 6.5 boards.
- Malik Beasley (20.6% owned) — Beasley has filled in VERY nicely for an injuries Gary Harris as he averaged 24.3 points on 63.8% shooting and 4 threes on a staggering 51.6% shooting from three across the last four games. As long as Harris is out, Beasley is a must-start.
- Monte Morris (18.8% owned) — Another Nugget benefiting from injuries, Morris has been solid filling in for injured Jamal Murray. On 35.8 minutes, Morris has scored 16 points per game, 2 threes, 5.5 boards and 6.5 assists.