Welcome to this week’s Fantasy Basketball Forecaster! In here, you’ll find:
- 3 players who are coming into the week hot
- 3 players who are coming into the week on a cold spell
- 3 waiver wire adds (among all players under 50% owned)
- Each teams schedule ranking, based on opponents’ stats allowed, where the #1 ranked team faces the easiest fantasy schedule this week, while the #30 ranked team faces the hardest
3 players who are hot
- Russell Westbrook (100% owned) — It seems ol’ Russ might have found his shot again during the All-Star break as he’s averaging 42 points and 50% shooting in the two games post the break. Add in 12.t rebounds per game and Russ is coming into this week on fire.
- Zach LaVine (99.3% owned) — LaVine’s coming off a career high 42 point game against the Celtics Saturday and is shooting a casual 58.8% from three on 8.5 attempts. Obviously these are two game stats, but LaVine certainly used the break well.
- Giannis Antetokounmpo (100% owned) — I mean, what more do you want the people’s MVP to do? His stat-line through two games: 28.5 points on 57.1% shooting, 2 threes on 66.7%, 11.5 boards, 6.5 assists, 1 steal and 2 blocks. He’s just always on fire.
3 players who are not
- Kawhi Leonard (100% owned) — The Raptors have only had one game out of the break, but Kawhi was far from good in it: 34.8% from the floor and 0-for-4 from downtown. I’m sure he’ll get it going again but all that dancing at All-Star week seems to have taken it’s toll.
- Damian Lillard (100% owned) — Everything not scoring related has been solid for Lillard out of the break. He’s collected 7 boards and 8 assists per game since All-Star week. However the scoring has been lacking through two games: 15 points on 32.3% shooting, 1.5-for-7 from three. Not great.
- James Harden (100% owned) — Yes Harden’s still scoring his 30 points per game but he’s shooting a terrible 2-for-10 from three and only making it to the like 7 times per game (instead of his usual 11.5) to start the second half of the season.
3 players to add off waivers
- Joe Harris (42.3% owned) — The guy no one had heard of until he shot the lights out in the three point contest. Harris on the season is averaging 30.1 minutes, 13.9 points and 2.4 threes.
- Isaiah Thomas (43.5% owned) — He’s not starting but Thomas has been solid for the Nuggets off the bench, averaging 13 points and 3 assists per game since the break.
- Cheick Diallo (0.7% owned) — First off, LOVE his name so that’s a win. But more importantly has been averaging 22.5 minutes, 17 points and 14 boards across the last two games for the Pelicans.