Welcome to this week’s Fantasy Basketball Forecaster! In here, you’ll find:
- 3 players who are coming into the week hot
- 3 players who are coming into the week on a cold spell
- 3 waiver wire adds (among all players under 50% owned)
- Each teams schedule ranking, based on opponents’ stats allowed, where the #1 ranked team faces the easiest fantasy schedule this week, while the #30 ranked team faces the hardest
3 players who are hot (not named James Harden)
- Karl-Anthony Towns (100% owned) — If you thought KAT had already hit his fantasy ceiling, well sir, you were wrong. Over the last week KAT has been simply overpowering, averaging 26.8 points, 2.5 made threes, 11.5 boards, 5.8 assists, 1 steal and 2.3 blocks. Those are God-like numbers.
- Mike Conley (98.8% owned) — Conley did a real good job bumping up his trade value last week as he was above average in every statistical category, averaging 22.3 points, 2.3 made threes, 4 rebounds, 7.3 assists and 2.3 steals. We’ll see if he’s still in Memphis this time next week...
- Tobias Harris (99.8% owned) — I’m all about the Tobias Harris rediscovery project. He’s been a revelation so far this season after turning down an extension with the Clippers and beating on himself. So far that’s been paying off quite well.
3 players who are not
- Ben Simmons (100% owned) — From a sheer numbers standpoint Simmons hasn’t been terrible this past week, with most of his numbers staying around his season averages. But his shooting has been well below average as he shot only 41.9% from the field last week.
- Eric Bledsoe (97.2% owned) — It was quite the down week for Bledsoe who, despite being able to score 16.7 points per game, shot 43% from the field and a terrible 11% from three while still averaging 6 three attempts per game. Yuck.
- Domantas Sabonis (96.5% owned) — Simply a down week for Sabonis who played well below his averages last week. He averaged 11.5 points (down 3 points), 7 boards (down 2.5) and 1 assist (down 1.8).
3 players to add off waivers
- Rajon Rondo (53.3% owned) — Rondo’s back and that means assists, assists and just a touch more assists. In his two games back he’s averaging 11.5 points, 1.5 threes made, 5 rebounds, 12 assists, 1 steal and 1 block on 39.5 minutes. Now I doubt the minutes will remain that high, but I bet the assists will.
- Jahlil Okafor (21.5% owned) — With all the injuries in New Orleans, Okafor has been taking full advantage of his starting minutes. Last week he averaged a double-double, posting 19.8 points and 10.8 boards per game.
- Kenneth Faried (25.5% owned) — A change of scenery might have been exactly what Faried needed as he’s been great since arriving in Houston. With Clint Capela still out for the next month, expect to see more from Faried.
Strength of schedule
Gonna be a great week for all your Celtics players and a terrible week for Damian Lillard (jplay, he’ll still get his).