Rams receive:— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 3, 2018
WR Brandin Cooks
What does this mean for the Rams?
The Rams are all in baby. Not that anyone who has been following this offseason didn’t already know that.
After getting Marcus Peters, Aqib Talib AND Ndamukong Suh, the Rams have now added offensive talent in getting Cooks. There were rumors that the Rams were interested in Odell Beckham Jr but it seems they’ve found their Sammy Watkins replacement.
And Cooks, my friends, is an upgrade.
Cooks has been one of the best, most consistent receivers since entering the league and has the ability to destroy defenses with his elite speed. He’s been special wherever he’s been but something tells me he could be transcendent in Sean McVay’s offense.
I am SO excited for this Rams team.
Also, Jared Goff must be doing backflips right now. And Todd Gurley. He probably can actually do a backflip.
What does this mean for the Patriots?
It means Bill Belichick is a stone cold killer who doesn’t care about anyone or anything.
It also means that the Patriots will almost certainly not trade Rob Gronkowski this offseason (which was the dumbest rumor ever) and are going to be relying pretty heavily on Julian Edelman and his surgically repaired ACL. They now have Edelman, Gronk, Chris Hogan, Malcolm Mitchell, Phillip Dorsett, Cordarrelle Patterson and.... Kenny Britt? OH MY GOD, Kenny Britt still has fantasy relevance you guys.
Some crazy people have already speculated that this move means the Patriots are going all in on Odell Beckham. After all the Giants have asked for two first round picks and the Patriots have just gotten themselves that. Or maybe the Patriots like one of these rookie wide receivers, though that I’m unsure about. As the great Rich Hill points out, the Patriots are not one to take skill positions in the first two rounds of the draft:
List of offensive skill players the Patriots have drafted in the first two rounds over the past decade:— Rich Hill (@PP_Rich_Hill) April 3, 2018
2010: Rob Gronkowski (42nd)
2011: Shane Vereen (56th)
2013: Aaron Dobson (59th)
That's it. Will Belichick buck the trend?
As a Patriots fan I am of course sad to see Cooks go, however, if it was between him and Gronk, I think the Patriots made the right move. And if the trade nets them Odell Beckham.... well then, it’s the greatest trade of all time.
- Jared Goff as a number one wide receiver
- If Brandin Cooks can be a fantasy monster in the crowded New England offense, he’ll certainly be a fantasy monster in LA
- Somehow Todd Gurley is going to get even better because of this, I know it
- BUY GRONK EVERYWHERE
- Phillip Dorsett might be an intriguing sleeper depending on what the Patriots do this offseason. He has the elite speed to take the top off a defense and was starting to be implemented in the Patriots offense last year. Something to watch...
- I guess you can say Tom Brady since he is losing one of the better receivers in the game, but I feel weird saying that Brady is trending down. Still, trending down is what I will say
- Robert Woods and Cooper Kupp have a new man in the offense and that means less touches for them. Ultimately, I think Woods is going to take the biggest hit
What do you think of the trade? Are you freaking out as much as I am about this Rams team?
There is a correct answer, and that answer is yes.