2017 Bold NFL Predictions! It’s that time with the season ready to start in a few hours I present my 10 bold predictions for the season.
1. For the first time in 5 years, Matt Ryan is NOT in the top 5 in passing yards.
-I think the Cardinals have two things going against them – one is losing Kyle Shanhan, I’ll say it, the man is an offensive genius. Second of all, I think the Super Bowl loss hangover is a thing and I think the Falcons are going to struggle severely at times.
2. Both Los Angeles teams fall in the bottom ten in % of attendance (a ringing endorsement for why this city shouldn’t have one let alone two NFL franchises)
-I might be creating some enemies but LA is like Miami, there are too many other things to do besides sports that it becomes an afterthought. Look to places like Frigid New England, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Cleveland etc.. in November when there is nothing to do but grab an ice cold beer and enjoy the game.
3. Isaiah “Crow” Crowell who was 15th last season in rushing yards lands in the top 3 in rushing yards this year.
-I wrote about this in detail earlier this year, the revamped offensive line, the admission from Hue Jackson that he wants to run the ball more, the continued progression that he has made each year over the last few years.
4. BJ Goodson – get to know this name, 4th round pick out of Clemson in his 2nd seasons has vaulted from a practice squad to what appeared (in the Browns game vs. Giants) to be one of the best linebackers in the league. He will be in the top 10 in tackles this year. For anyone keeping track at home I’m essentially saying this guy goes from 9 total tackles last year to 130+ this year.
-His reads, his tenacity, his lateral movements, he’s a beast and it will show this year.
5. Nick Folk to the rescue – 22nd last year in total points he lands in the top 8 this year.
-I’ve always like a good Folk pick for fantasy. He will be Tampa Bay’s savior foot this year.
6. Russell Wilson was 10th last season in passing yard with 4,219. This year he is in the top 5 with at least 4,600
-There was a great article done earlier this week showcasing Seattle’s increased passing each year over the last 4, I think they continue to trend that way coupled with the likelihood that this team is in for a monster year.
7. Rookie of the Year – Dalvin Cook.
-The more I read and watch him play the more I’m convinced the 2nd round pick (from Florida State who had 1,600 yards and 19 TDs) might be the star back this year. Add to that Minnesota’s generally decent O-Line (albeit underrated at times) and he could be a strong asset for them (and fantasy owners). He worked gis way up to starter earning it not being gofted anything.
8. The 5-11
San Diego Los Angeles Chargers make the playoffs this year.
-They ran into all sorts of bad luck last year and Phillip Rivers has a nice new weapon in Mike Williams. A full year of Joey Bosa and generally I’m a believer in Anthony Lynn