Blake Snell! (Said in the Jerry Seinfeld “Newman” voice) sure he had 10 k but 6 ER? Really? Worst outing of the year when I finally trust in you? Really Blake Snell? Thanks a lot.
Weather (as of now):
Looks like clear skies for all
Target: Clayton Kershaw ($12,000)
1. Not really sure an explanation is needed here? 3 consecutive games with 0 ER allowed, an average of 8 SO per game over his last 5 games.
Stack Against: Clayton Richard vs. St Louis Cardinals
1. Last 3 outings he’s allowed at least 3ER in each outing as well as at least 1 HR.
2. Last game vs. St. Louis he allowed 3 HR and 4 ER.
3. Cardinals on a 4 game win streak where they have averaged 5 runs per game.
Two Hitters I like:
• Ozzie Albies ($3,400) I know he laid a goose egg but I’m doubling down on the guy who, prior to yesterday was batting .364 with 8 runs and 7 RBI's across 13 games.
• JT Realmuto ($2,400) he’s batting .290 against LHP, he’s not going to get you 20 points but will more than likely get a hit and/or a walk for $2,400.
Two Hitters to avoid:
• All hitters on Colorado EXCEPT Charlie Blackmon. There actually has been some success due to the outing at Colorado earlier this year where they roughed Clayton up. With that said, Charlie and Nolan Arenado are the two I would trust vs. Kershaw at and Dodgers Stadium and Nolan has been cold this week, thus, it’s down to Charlie.
JT Realmuto (C )
Jose Abreu (1B)
Ozzie Albies (2B)
Paul DeJong (SS)
Cory Spangenberg (3B)
Charlie Blackmon (OF)
Stephen Piscotty (OF)
Starlin Marte (OF)