- Luis Castillo pitched great in what will be his last start of 2017. The Reds rookie starter went 8 innings allowing 1 run on 3 hits while striking out 10. Despite a 3-7 record, Castillo was impressive with a 3.12 ERA 1.07 WHIP and 98 Ks over 15 starts this season. The Reds have shut him down for the remainder of this year.
- Brian Dozier was 1 for 4 with a solo HR in a Twins win over the Rays. Dozier is hitting .262 on the year with 29 HR and 80 RBI. Kevin Kiermaier had a 2-run HR in the loss. Kiermaier is hitting .282 with 11 HR 46 runs and 13 SB this season. He has played in just 80 games this year due to injury but is a solid 5 category option for fantasy owners down the stretch.
- Khris Davis went 3 for 3 with a solo HR in an Athletics win over the Angels. He finished with 2 RBI in the game. Davis now has 39 HR and 98 RBI on the year. Sean Manaea pitched 6 scoreless innings with 6 Ks in the win. He allowed 5 hits and walked 3. Manaea's up and down season has resulted in a 10-9 record with a 4.33 ERA.
- Gerrit Cole held the Cubs scoreless over 8 innings of work but the Pirates offense couldn't back up his performance. Cole allowed just 2 hits while striking out 8 in the no decision. He lowered his season ERA to 3.93. Wade Davis pitched a scoreless 9th with 2 strikeouts for the save. Davis has 29 saves and a 2.23 ERA on the year.
- Carlos Carrasco went the distance in an Indians win over the White Sox. He allowed just 3 hits and 1 run while striking out 9. Carrasco improved to 14-6 on the year. He has a 3.53 ERA 1.07 WHIP and 192 strikeouts over 173.1 IP. The Indians have now won 14 straight games.
Luis Castillo, Kevin Kiermaier, Khris Davis, more!
A look at the fantasy performances from September 6, 2017