- Jason Vargas was beat up by the Tigers offense on Tuesday. He allowed 7 runs on 6 hits in just 2 innings of work. Vargas was a top 20 SP in the 1st half of 2017, now he's not even startable in what should have been a favorable matchup.
- Scooter Gennett went 2 for 4 with a 3-run HR in a Reds win over the Brewers. He also doubled and scored 2 runs. Gennett is hitting .299 with 24 HR and 85 RBI. Raisel Iglesias tossed 2 perfect innings in route to his 25th save of the year. He had 2 Ks in the appearance. Iglesias has a 1.95 ERA 1.05 WHIP and 85 strikeouts this season.
- Stephen Strasburg held the Marlins scoreless over 6 innings of work. He allowed 6 hits while striking out 8. Strasburg improves to 12-4 on the year with a 2.78 ERA. He extended his scoreless streak to 26 innings, which is a new Nationals record. Strasburg left the start early due to calf injury. This is the 3rd time this season Strasburg has had a start cut short due to this issue.
- Jake Odorizzi pitched 6.2 scoreless innings in a win over the Twins. The Rays starter allowed just 1 hit all night while striking out 6. This was his best start of the season. Alex Colome gave up a solo HR, a walk, and a single before getting a game ending double play to close out the win. He leads the majors with 42 saves this year.
- Jose Ramirez went 2 for 5 with a pair of solo home runs in an Indians win over the White Sox. He now has 5 homers in the past 3 games and 3 multi-home run games in his past 8. Danny Salazar, in his return from the DL, did not fare well. He allowed 4 runs, including a 3-run HR, and recorded just 2 outs. He walked 2 and also hit a batter. Salazar will look to rebound as his next scheduled outing is Monday against the Tigers.
Stephen Strasburg, Jason Vargas, Raisel Iglesias, more!
A look at the fantasy performances from September 5, 2017