- Ryan Braun went 3 for 4 with a solo HR in a Brewers loss to the Reds. This was his 1st HR since August 12. Braun has just 14 HR and 43 RBI this season. Orlando Arcia was 1 for 3 with a 3-run HR. Arcia is hitting .269 with 14 HR and 45 RBI. Billy Hamilton had a walk off solo HR for the Reds.
- Eric Hosmer went 2 for 4 with a 2-run HR in a Royals win over the Tigers. He finished with 3 RBI on the day. Hosmer is hitting .318 on the year with 23 HR and 80 RBI. Nicholas Castellanos was 1 for 4 with a homer and 4 RBI in the loss. He has 20 HR and 80 RBI this season.
- The Indians won their 12th straight by taking down the White Sox. Trevor Bauer was solid. He tossed 6.1 innings allowing 2 runs on 3 hits while striking out 9. Bauer has won 8 straight decisions with a 2.47 ERA in that span. He also has a 10.03 K/9 in those starts as well. Jose Ramirez also homered for the second straight game.
- The Orioles out homered the Yankees but New York scored more runs to win the game. Tim Beckham and Welington Castillo each had solo HR while Chris Davis had a 2-run bomb. For the Yankees, Starlin Castro went 3 for 5 with a home run and 3 RBI. He also had 2 runs scored. Castro is hitting .313 with 13 HR and 54 RBI on the year. Didi Gregorius had a 2-run HR which is his 20th HR of the season. This matches his career high which he set last season.
- Carlos Martinez went the distance in a complete game shutout of the Padres. The Cardinals ace allowed just 3 hits while striking out 10. Martinez improves to 11-10 on the year with a 3.34 ERA. Tommy Pham was 2 for 4 with 1 run scored and a steal. Pham has 19 HR and 18 SB with a .311 average this season.
Ryan Braun, Eric Hosmer, Trevor Bauer, more!
A look at the fantasy performances from September 4, 2017