- Jose Ramirez had a big day as the Indians beat the Tigers 11-1. Ramirez went 5 for 5 with 2 home runs. He also hit 3 doubles and had 3 RBI and 3 runs scored. Ramirez now has 22 HR 47 doubles and 89 runs this season. Francisco Lindor had a solo HR and 2 RBI. The Cleveland SS is hitting .270 with 26 HR this year.
- Lucas Giolito pitched great in a win over the Rays. He went 7 innings allowing 1 run on 3 hits while striking out 10. After posting a 6.75 ERA in a short run in 2016, Giolito now has a 2.25 ERA through 3 starts this season. He has also allowed just 1 run over his past 14 IP while getting 14 Ks.
- Trevor Williams pitched around 8 hits and a walk to go 7 scoreless innings in a win over the Reds. He had 5 strikeouts as well. Williams is on quite a roll, having allowed just 2 runs in his last 20 IP. His opponents for those starts, the Dodgers, Cubs, and now the Reds.
- Domingo Santana went yard twice and reached base in every at bat in a Brewers win over the Nationals. Santana would finish with 3 runs and 3 RBI while also stealing a base. Santana is hitting .277 with 24 HR and 12 SB on the season. Eric Thames was 0 for 2 with 1 strikeout. Perhaps the MVP of April, Thames is hitting just .207 since the 1st month of the season.
- Carlos Correa went 1 for 3 with an RBI single in his return from the DL. The 22-year-old had been out since July 17 with a left thumb injury. Correa even stole his 1st base of the year in this contest. Correa should be slotted back as fantasy top SS going forward. He is hitting .320 with 20 HR and 68 RBI in 85 games this season.
A look at the fantasy performances from September 3, 2017