- Andrew McCutchen had a huge night in a Pirates win over the Orioles. He went 4 for 4 with 2 home runs and 8 RBI! He was a triple shy of the cycle and had 4 runs scored as well. 1 of his 2 homers was a grand slam, the 1st of McCutchen's 9 year career. The Pirates outfielder is hitting .278 on the year with 28 HR and 87 RBI.
- Jordan Montgomery looked good in a spot start over the Rays. He went 6 innings allowing 5 hits and 1 run while striking out 5. He is now 9-7 with a 3.96 ERA this season.
- Chris Sale had a rough night in a loss to the Blue Jays. The Red Sox ace and potential AL Cy Young allowed 8 hits and 5 runs including 4 home runs over just 5 innings of work. Lucky for Sale, 3 of those 4 homers allowed came with no men on base. Josh Donaldson had 2 for those solo shots. He would finish 3 for 5 in the win. Donaldson now has 33 HR and 77 RBI this year.
- Eddie Rosario went 4 for 5 with solo HR in a Twins win over the Indians. He also had 2 doubles and 3 RBI. Rosario is hitting .292 on the season with 27 HR and 78 RBI. Brian Dozier was 3 for 5 with a 3-run HR. He also had 3 runs scored. Dozier now has 33 HR and 90 RBI this year.
- Jason Vargas held the Tigers to 1 run over 6 innings in route to his 18th win of the season. This ties him with Clayton Kershaw and Corey Kluber for most wins this year. Let that one sink in! Vargas had 3 Ks in the game and lowered his season ERA to 3.94.
A look at the fantasy performances from September 26, 2017