- Jose Urena was great in an outing at the Mets. The Marlins starter went 8 innings allowing 2 runs on 7 hits while striking out 3. Urena is now 14-6 on the year with a 3.55 ERA and 1.22 WHIP. Justin Bour and Giancarlo Stanton each had 2-run home runs. Bour is hitting .359 with 2 HR and 8 RBI since returning from the DL. He is a solid source of power and might be available if you need him down the stretch. Stanton finished 2 for 5 with 3 RBI in the win. He is now up to 56 HR and 120 RBI on the year. Even in a season when homers are at an all time high, Stanton is still, quite literally, out slugging the competition!
- The Yankees used a trio of home runs to take down the Twins 11-3. Aaron Judge and Gary Sanchez went back-to-back in the 3rd inning and Didi Gregorius had a 3-run HR in the 4th inning. Judge would finish with 3 RBI and now has 45 HR and 101 RBI this season. Sanchez would finish going 3 for 4 with 2 runs and 2 RBI in the win. He has 32 HR 88 RBI and a .282 average this year. Gregorius now has 25 HR and 84 RBI on the season. He has already set career highs in HR RBI and should easily do so in AVG OBP and SLG. Gregorius also passed Derek Jeter for the most home runs hit by a Yankees SS in a single season.
- Chris Sale looked very Chris Sale like on Wednesday. The Red Sox ace tossed 8 shutout innings in a win over the Orioles. He allowed just 4 hits and struck out 13. This outing put him over 300 Ks for the season. This is the 1st time an AL pitcher has reached this mark since another Red Sox, Perdo Martinez, did it back in 1999.
- Daniel Mengden tossed 7 shutout innings in a win over the Tigers. The Athletics starter pitched around 7 hits while striking out 4. He did not issue a walk. Mengden has allowed just 2 earned runs in 3 starts this month. This solid start also follows his most recent outing which was a complete game 2 hitter. He lines up to face the Mariners at home next week and the Rangers on the road to close out the season.
- Luke Weaver continued to impress in a win against the Reds. Weaver went 5 innings allowing 2 runs on 5 hits while striking out 7. Weaver is now 7-1 on the year with a 2.05 ERA.
Chris Sale, Didi Gregorius, Jose Urena, more!
A look at the fantasy performances from September 20, 2017