- A pitcher's duel took place in the Red Sox/Orioles game. Drew Pomeranz went 6.1 scoreless innings allowing 5 hits with 5 Ks. Pomeranz now has a 3.15 ERA on the season. His opponent, Kevin Gausman, was even better. Gausman went 8 shutout innings allowing just 3 hits while striking out 7. Both pitchers ended up with a no decision as the Red Sox won 1-0 in 11 innings.
- Mike Montgomery and Wade Davis made sure to give their manager, Joe Maddon, a win in his return to Tampa Bay. Montgomery held the Rays hitless over 5 innings. He finished with 6 IP allowing a solo HR and striking out 6. Davis struck out the side in the 9th for the save. He has 32 saves and a 2.01 ERA this season. The Cubs have now won 7 straight games.
- Max Scherzer looked much more himself against the Braves. The Nationals starter pitched 7 innings allowing just 2 runs while striking out 7. He now has a 2.59 ERA to go with his 15-6 record. Trea Turner stole 2 bases in the win. He would finish 2 for 4 with a double, 2 runs, and 1 RBI. Turner is hitting .281 with 42 SB.
- Chase Anderson tossed 6 scoreless innings in a win against the Pirates. He allowed 5 hits while striking out 8. Anderson is now 11-3 on the season with a 2.74 ERA.
- Lucas Giolito looked good in a loss to the Astros. He pitched 6.2 innings allowing 2 runs with 3 Ks. The low strikeout total is a downer but a quality start in Houston is still a solid outing. Giolito also issued just 1 walk which is a positive takeaway. Ken Giles gave up 1 hit but struck out the side in the 9th for an Astros save. Giles now has 32 saves and a 2.41 ERA this season.
Kevin Gausman, Wade Davis, Trea Turner, more!
A look at the fantasy performances from September 19, 2017