- Aroldis Chapman might be back as the 9th inning guy for the Yankees. Chapman recorded the final 4 outs (all via strikeout) in a 3-2 New York win over the Tampa Bay Rays. Chapman did allow an RBI single with an inherited runner in the 8th but struck out the side in the 9th inning. He also issued 2 walks. Chapman looks to be back getting saves but Chad Green might be the reliever you want in fantasy if you don’t need saves. Green pitched 1.1 innings and was credited the win. He had 3 Ks in his perfect appearance. Green has a 1.96 ERA 0.73 WHIP and 99 Ks over 64.1 IP this season.
- Kevin Gausman pitched 7 innings of 1 run ball in a win over the Blue Jays. The Orioles starter allowed 6 hits while striking out 6. He now has 8 quality starts over his past 11 outings.
- The Indians have won 21 straight! Mike Clevinger pitched 5.2 innings allowing 3 runs (1 earned) on 6 hits while striking out 6. Clevinger is now 10-5 on the year with a 3.21 ERA. He in on track to face the Angels in Los Angeles next week. Jay Bruce was 1 for 3 with a 3-run HR. This gives him 34 HR and 93 RBI on the season.
- Max Scherzer had a rare off day against the Braves. The Nationals ace went 6 innings with 7 Ks but allowed 7 runs on 7 hits. He also issued 6 walks which is the most he's had in a start since September 25, 2013! 4 of those walks came in the 7th inning when Scherzer started to unwind. He did not record an out and would also give up 5 of his 7 runs in that inning alone.
- On a night where Aaron Nola had 11 Ks over 7 innings of 1 run ball, all eyes where on Rhys Hoskins making more history. Hoskins went 2 for 2 with a 2-run HR, his 17th of the year. A year that includes just 33 big league games! Hoskins is the fastest player to reach 17 HR. The previous record was 42 games so Hoskins still had 8 games to go homerless and still break the record! Hoskins finished with 2 runs scored and 3 RBI. Whats maybe even more impressive is the insana .434 OBP Hoskins owns during his big league tenure. That would be 2nd only to Joey Votto if Hoskins qualified!
Aroldis Chapman, Rhys Hoskins, Max Scherzer, more!
A look at the fantasy performances from September 13, 2017