Weather (as of now):
Looks like clear skies for all
Target: Max Scherzer ($10,800) vs. Atlanta Braves
1. Fresh off a 4 ER outing I’ll take him to bounce back at home vs. Atlanta.
2. At least 7 IP and 10k’s in 4 of his last 5 starts. 38ks over his last 32 innings.
3. 10 ER allowed over his last 5 starts.
Stack Against: Mike Clevinger vs. Detroit Tigers
1. This is a cautious pick but I think Mike will get knocked around for 3-4 runs, not atrocious but enough.
2. Some dry spells coupled with hot streaks have me thinking Kinsler and Cabrera are well worth the cheap cost
3. To reiterate I think you are getting 6-10 points for $3,000 or less.
Two Hitters I like:
• Miguel Cabrera ($2,900) for this price and his potential vs. Mike Clevinger one of two things is going to happen – he goes 0/4 making it an 0/11 OR he pops in a dinger. I think it will be the latter.
• Ian Kinsler ($3,000) 3 HR in his last week to go with an average of a hit per game.
Two Hitters to avoid:
• Avoiding all Atlanta Braves vs. a resurgent Max Scherzer
Jesus Sucre (C )
Miguel Cabrera (1B)
Ian Kinsler (2B)
Jose Peraza (SS)
Nolan Arenado (3B)
Clint Frazier (OF)
Mitch Haniger (OF)
Brandon Moss (OF)