Full docket of games today (15) scattered from 12:10pm -9:40pm The highest of the pitchers is Madison Bumgarner ($10,200) who will face the Chicago Cubs.
Weather (as of now):
No storms on the horizon.
Target: Sean Newcomb ($6,900) Atlanta vs. Philadelphia Phillies
1. Spoiler alert - he's been working on his command lately trying to improve it with pitching coaches.
2. He's given up 3ER or fewer over his last three starts with 7k's or more in two of those starts.
3. Two of those three starts were against the record breaking LA Dodgers team. Over his last 6 starts he's faced: LAD (x2); Phi, CHC, Washington and Houston, that is a pretty rough stretch.
Stack Against: Trevor Bauer (facing Colorado Rockies)
1. Average ERA if 4.36 during day games
2. The Rockies have had back to back games with 2 or fewer runs and I think today that changes
3. Guess which team in MLB has the most runs during day games...the Rockies.
Two Hitters I like:
- Jonthan Lucroy ($2,200) at this price with his potential on a new team I keep waiting for some uptick in production.
- Nomar Mazara ($3,200) a healthy combination of recent 0/7 slump mixed in with 4 RBI's over his last 5 games, I think today he shines.
Two Hitters to avoid:
Buster Posey ($3,200) he's batting .182 against Kyle Hendricks over 11 AB.
Anthony Rizzo ($4,100) he's batting .166 against Madison Bumgarner over 16 AB.
Jonathan Lucroy (C )
Lucas Duda (1B)
Jason Kipnis (2B)
Orlando Arcia (SS)
Cory Spangenberg (3B)
Bryce Harper (OF)
Mike Trout (OF)
Nomar Mazara (OF)