- Max Scherzer was solid in a Nationals win over the Marlins. He went 7 innings allowing 2 runs with 9 Ks. He has a 2.23 ERA for the season. Sean Doolittle nailed down the save with a scoreless 9th inning. He is a safe bet to remain the closer for Washington going forward.
- The Tigers offense was held to just 1 hit (a single) in a shutout loss to the Pirates. Trevor Williams tossed 7 scoreless innings with 5 strikeouts in route to his 5th win on the year. He has a 4.17 ERA this season. Andrew McCutchen stole his 10th base and Josh Harrison stole his 12th base in the win.
- Joey Votto was 2 for 3 with a 2-run HR in a Reds win over the Padres. He would finish with 2 runs scored and 3 RBI. This is his 3rd straight game with a homer. Votto also moved into 1st for the most home runs hit at Great American Ball Park. He has 30 HR and 81 RBI on the year. Adam Duvall also hit a 2-run HR. Duvall has 25 HR and 77 RBI this season.
- Keon Broxton went 2 for 4 with a home run and a double in a Brewers loss to the Twins. Broxton had 2 RBI in the game. Broxton has 15 HR 52 runs scored and 19 SB this season. Unfortunately, he also owns a .222 batting average. Ryan Braun was 3 for 4 with a double and a run scored. Braun has been solid in limited playing time this season with a .274 average 12 HR and 35 RBI.
- Carlos Martinez almost went the distance in an 11-3 Cardinals win over the Royals. Martinez went 8 innings allowing 2 runs while striking out 7. He has a 3.52 ERA and a 1.19 WHIP on the season. All 3 runs for Kansas City came via the solo homer. Brandon Moss (15), Eric Hosmer (18), and Mike Moustakas (32) were the hitters of those home runs.
Max Scherzer, Joey Votto, Carlos Martinez, more!
A look at the fantasy performances from August 7, 2017