- Luis Severino pitched great in a win over the Indians. The Yankees starter went 6.2 innings allowing just 2 hits and 1 run while striking out 9. He improves to 9-4 on the year lowering his season ERA to 2.91. He has a 0.71 ERA in his past 4 starts. Severino recently jumped inside my top 10 SP rest of season and this outing further solidifies that ranking.
- Jimmy Nelson and Chris Archer put on a great pitching matchup in the Brewers / Rays game. Archer tossed 6 innings of 1 run ball with 7 Ks. He lowered his ERA to 3.80. Nelson was a bit better with 8 innings of work. He pitched around 6 hits and 2 walks and only allowed 1 run with 9 Ks. Nelson now has a 3.24 ERA on the year and has become a great SP option with a lot of strikeouts to boot. The Rays won the game 2-1 on a Steven Souza Jr. walk off solo home run.
- The Orioles offense brought their big bats hitting 5 homers against the Tigers. Jonathan Schoop started the show with a 2-run HR in the 1st inning. This would be followed by solo HRs from Chris Davis and Trey Mancini. Schoop has 25 HR and 82 RBI to go with a .303 average. Manny Machado was 4 for 5 with a HR and 5 RBI. He is hitting .257 on the season with 20 HR and 61 RBI.
- Offense was a plenty in an 11-10 Athletics win over the Angels. Khris Davis went 2 for 5 with a 2-run HR. He now has 29 HR and 75 RBI on the year. Mike Trout had a solo home run and a stolen base. This gives him 22 HR 13 SB and a .343 average in just 67 games this season.
- Marcell Ozuna hit a 3-run HR and J.T. Realmuto followed with a solo HR and that was all the offense the Marlins needed in a 4-1 win over the Braves. Ozuna now has 26 HR and 87 RBI on the year. Realmuto is a top 5 catcher with a .306 average 13 HR and 50 runs scored. Jose Urena held the Braves to 3 hits and 1 run over 6 innings in route to his 10th win on the year. Brad Ziegler tossed a scoreless 9th inning for his 2nd save. Ziegler should remain the Miami closer. At least until Kyle Barraclough can return from the DL.
A look at the fantasy performances from August 6, 2017