- Ender Inciarte went 5 for 5 with 4 RBI and a steal in game 1 of the Braves and Phillies double header. He tripled and also scored a run as well. In game 2, Inciarte went 3 for 5 with another steal. He is hitting .310 on the year with 83 runs and 19 SB. R.A. Dickey tossed 8 innings of 1 run ball in the game 1 win. He allowed 7 hits and struck out 9. Dickey improves to 9-8 on the year with a 3.91 ERA.
- Stephen Strasburg did it all in a win over the Marlins. The Nationals starter tossed a complete game shutout with 8 Ks. He also went 2 for 4 with a solo HR on the offensive side of things. Strasburg is now 11-4 on the season with a 2.90 ERA and 1.07 WHIP.
- Justin Verlander allowed a 6th inning solo HR to Charlie Blackmon but that was it in a win at the Rockies. Verlander worked through 6 innings allowing 3 hits and the 1 run while striking out 9. Despite the fear Coors Field puts into opposing pitchers, Verlander has allowed just 1 run in 15 IP at Colorado.
- Jonathan Schoop went 2 for 4 with a solo HR in a Orioles win over the Mariners. He would finish with 2 RBI. Schoop is batting .306 with 30 HR and 99 RBI. Zach Britton pitched a scoreless ninth in route to his 13th save this season. Britton has been dealing with injuries through out this season but should be one of fantasy's top closers in the final month of the season.
- Chase Anderson went 6 innings allowing 3 runs on just 2 hits in a win over the Cardinals. He walked 2 and had 6 Ks. Anderson has a 2.96 ERA and a 1.10 WHIP in 19 starts this year. Tommy Pham went 2 for 4 with a pair of 2-run HR. Pham has 19 HR 75 runs and 57 RBI this season.
Ender Inciarte, Stephen Strasburg, Justin Verlander, more!
A look at the fantasy performances from August 30, 2017