- Chris Sale was dominant and made history by doing so in a win over the Blue Jays. The Red Sox ace tossed 7 scoreless innings allowing just 3 hits while striking out 11. Sale became the fastest player to reach 1500 career strikeouts. He leads the major with 264 Ks. He also has a MLB best 17 double digit strikeout games. Sale leads the AL with 15 wins as well. He's really good.
- Dylan Bundy allowed a bunt single in the 4th inning but was otherwise untouchable in a complete game shutout of the Mariners. Bundy went the distance and had 12 Ks to go with it. He lowers his season ERA to 3.94. Bundy completes his month with an even 2.00 ERA.
- The Rangers put up 14 hits and 12 runs on the Astros and Mike Fiers. Fiers, who had been pitching well of late, struggled in this one. He allowed 8 runs on 8 hits over just 4 innings of work. Shin-Soo Choo (3 for 6), Elvis Andrus (4 for 5), and Adrian Beltre (3 for 5) led the way for Texas. Choo had 4 RBI and 3 runs scored in the win. Joey Gallo had a nice game in his return from the concussion DL. Gallo had a 2-run HR and a steal. He now has 36 HR and 7 SB this year.
- The Reds had a Scott Schebler grand slam in the 1st inning and a 7 run 8th inning as they get past the Mets 14-4. Adam Duvall had a 3-run HR in that 8th inning. Duvall now has 31 HR and 89 RBI this season. Eugenio Suarez went 3 for 4 with a double and 2 runs. Suarez is hitting .274 with 24 HR 71 RBI and 80 runs scored this year.
- Anthony Rendon was 2 for 3 with a double and 4 RBI in a Nationals win over the Marlins. Rendon now has 85 RBI to go with 22 HR and a .303 batting average this season. Dee Gordon was 2 for 4 with a steal. He has 47 SB on the year to go with a .295 average and 92 runs. Giancarlo Stanton hit his 51st HR of the season in the loss as well.
Chris Sale, Dylan Bundy, Mike Fiers, more!
A look at the fantasy performances from August 29, 2017